Each group will identify an infectious disease research topic of their own choosing (choose a vector borne disease please), and prepare a presentation, paper, and handout outlining the rationale and the study design for a research study, that the team creates, and that is designed to answer a specific research question. Groups will prepare an answer to the question in which they attempt to find specific evidence to support an answer to the question. This project will entail multiple components
Write a proposal for how to conduct research in order to attempt to answer a research question.
Identify sources of original data or declare that there are no data that would help you to answer this research question.
Write a 5-10-page research paper outlining the rational and study design proposed.
Present a 15-20-minute presentation outlining the research question, proposed study design, and any data discovered that helps to address the research question
Create a handout/pamphlet that outlines the answer to the question, presents some data (if available), and explains a rationale for their response.
Utilize at least 5 peer-reviewed references to address the question.
- Describe the strategic approach of the United States to terrorism in Africa and explain the threat to the United States from terrorists recruited by Al Shabaab.
- What are the potential consequences for ignoring emergent strategies?
- If you have celiac disease or know of someone who does, how does going gluten-free affect their lives?
- What do Edward Belamy and Henry George have to say about the possibility of changing industrialized societies without revolution?
- What did Kipling say in the poem, The White Mans Burden?
- Discuss how the field of Speech Language Pathology can be incorporated within Academic success (written oral communication of literacy across the curriculum) and Cultural diversity (Bilingualism English language learners).
- Are there differences between these terms, or are they synonymous?
- What is the difference between real or physical evidence and testimonial evidence?
- Write an essay that identifies–and presents a reasonable, well-developed solution for–some type of problem related to technology.
- What aspect of family psychology interests you?