Section #1: Part A & B:
Key: Plagiarism will result in 0 points earned/awarded for the assignment. As current/future health care industry professionals, learning to communicate information at a heightened level through understanding and application is vital to your success.
Question/Component #1: Chapter 3 (Health Literacy) of your course text outlined an array of assessment tools designed to enhance health literacy.
Select 2 of the 6 introduced and research the assessment tool. Do not merely repeat or copy the content from the course text. The focus is to provide a more in-depth overview of the 2 selected tools of choice and apply the importance to improving health literacy in the health care industry, inclusive of public health where applicable. Make certain you professionally introduce the assessment tool individually (Name), identify the purpose driven approach aligned with the value of the assessment tool, discuss the key elements, and target audience applicable to the selected tools.
Rapid Estimate of Adult Literacy in Medicine (REALM)
Test of Functional Health Literacy in Adults (TOFHLA)
Newest Vital Sign (NVS)
eHealth Literacy Scale (eHEALS)
Numeracy Understanding in Medicine (NUMi)
Health Literacy Skills Instrument (HLSI)
Question/Component #2: Identify how the selected tools (individually) are of value and a challenge in the health care industry, inclusive of public health where applicable. The response must explain how the 2 selected assessment tools measure an individual’s health literacy.
Question/Component #3: As a professional, include an example, setting, and target population/audience/individual in which each selected assessment tool would be beneficial to improving understanding and decision making.
Section #1: Part C
Pose 3 (or more) question(s) relating to a topic, concept, strategy, etc. in your professional review. All question submissions should be thought-provoking to encourage discussion.
Section #2: Reply Process
Students must reply to at least 3 posts after submitting their initial discussion post. Professional comments, connection to perspective shared, and critical thinking about the content are required. Use of outside sources beyond the textbook and supplemental materials provided by the professor are encouraged. All resources applied must be referenced in APA format. Plagiarism will not be tolerated and will result in action taken.
- Describe the strategic approach of the United States to terrorism in Africa and explain the threat to the United States from terrorists recruited by Al Shabaab.
- What are the potential consequences for ignoring emergent strategies?
- If you have celiac disease or know of someone who does, how does going gluten-free affect their lives?
- What do Edward Belamy and Henry George have to say about the possibility of changing industrialized societies without revolution?
- What did Kipling say in the poem, The White Mans Burden?
- Discuss how the field of Speech Language Pathology can be incorporated within Academic success (written oral communication of literacy across the curriculum) and Cultural diversity (Bilingualism English language learners).
- Are there differences between these terms, or are they synonymous?
- What is the difference between real or physical evidence and testimonial evidence?
- Write an essay that identifies–and presents a reasonable, well-developed solution for–some type of problem related to technology.
- What aspect of family psychology interests you?