As you begin to engage in the process of exploring the relationships between philosophy, science, theory and the implications for nursing practice, you need to learn more about concepts which are building blocks of theory. The currently accepted metaparadigm concepts in nursing are person, environment, health and nursing. These metaparadigm concepts are abstract vehicles of thought that guided the development of many nursing theories. These theories, in turn provide frameworks for explaining, predicting, and sometimes controlling situations in nursing practice. Please note that nursing practice is not only referring to clinical practice, it can also refer to nursing education. Each of these metaparadigm concepts encompasses many less abstract concepts, which have been written about and explored by scholars.
The purpose of this concept mapping assignment is to explore some of these concepts relevant to students own nursing practice. This exploration is done through the following process:
Identify 4 concepts (one concept under each of the metaparadigm concepts) relevant to your practice. Make sure the 4 concepts are related in some way. For example, you are interested in knowing more about case management for indigenous population who are treated for hypertension in primary care clinics. Therefore, you identified case management as a concept under the metaparadigm concept of nursing. You identified indigenous population as the concept under person, the concept of primary care clinics under environment, and the concept of hypertension under health.
Search the literature to see if a concept analysis has been done on each of the identified concepts.
Write a summary for each concept. You will have a total of 4 summaries. If a concept analysis paper on the selected concept has been done, please simply paraphrase the abstract of the concept analysis paper; if a concept analysis paper on the selected concept has not been done, please provide a summary of the concept citing at least 3 scholarly sources (excluding sources like dictionaries, Wiki and other informal sources). Each summary should be at least 300 words.
Proofread the paper including APA style checking.
Each concept needs to have 3 scholarly sources, no older than 5 years old. So please do not use older than 2017.
Please use concept analysis from => McEwen, M. & Wills, E. M. (2019). Theoretical basis for nursing (5th ed.). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Write about Green HRM- Its role in organizational sustainability: Recent research and knowledge emerging in this field.
- Describe the operations that the international firm seeks to perform in a NEW host country (manufacturing, joint venture, or exporting from the home country) and the competition the firm would face there.
- What are some of the opportunities missed in the case?
- Discuss which may be more cost effective vs. which may serve more people.
- Discuss how the quote applies to the main concept being explained in your response.
- Discuss about why a particular situation or setting might call for one type of software over another.
- Describe how classroom evaluation is different from clinical evaluation.
- Can you apply the concepts in the reading to a career in public health?
- What are your strategies for promoting equity in evaluation?
- What was successful and unsuccessful about those responses?