How would you implement math instruction through problem solving in your own classroom? Select a grade level and create your presentation of choice. (Pre-k through 2nd) In your presentation, include big ideas and make connections among them to construct your future math centered classroom for teaching.
• Utilize the following concepts to address the focus question above. You may need to add additional concepts to fully address the question. These may come from the list or include your own personal concepts.
• Organize the concepts you select into clusters or categories based on their meaning and relationships – try to form a hierarchy of ideas
Concepts for Math Instruction through Problem Solving Concept Map
Early Childhood Education
• Mathematical thinking
• Recognize patterns and categories
• Problem solving
• Counting and cardinality
• Number operations
• Algebraic and geometric concepts such as equality/inequality, lines and space, estimation and measurement
• Observation, comparison, reasoning, estimation and measurement, generating and testing theories, and documenting through writing, drawing, and graphical representation
Answer these questions
1. What will math look like in my future classroom?
2. Lesson Design and Instruction- What are essential components that you will have/include in your lesson plans? What will you implement in your classroom during instruction?
3. Questioning- What types of questions will you ask? (provide example question stems)
4. What kind of hands-on activities will you incorporate? (Choose 3-5 strategies/activities you plan on using.)
5. Resources Highlights: – list favorite math websites, top apps, videos you plan or may use in your classroom
6. Teaching Math through Problem Solving/Mathematical Thinking
7. Concepts for Math Instruction through Problem Solving
8. Classroom Environment/Atmosphere/Design/Setup
9. Assessment- What types of formative and summative assessments do you plan on utilizing within your classroom? (Choose 3-5 for each)
10. Incorporating STEM- How will you incorporate it into your classroom?
11. Differentiation- Strategies/activities for low achieving students, IEP/505 students, high achieving students, and EL students
12. Integrate Math with other subjects- How will you make the connection? What will you do?
13. Classroom Term Reflection/Exit Slip- What did you gain from this course? (at least 1 takeaway), What would you still like to learn more about? How do you feel now compared to the beginning of the course when we started? Any comments to me about the courscixe, teaching style, activities, etc.
- Which strategy should business rely on more? Differentiation or Cost Leadership? Why? Use an example of a local business (can be more than one) to differentiate the two theories and explain weigh up the better option.
- Business Law Analysis pt 1
- 1. In which way did Bill Clinton create a budget surplus in the Federal budget? 2. If you were to remember Clinton’s Presidency, would you define it by scandals or economic stability? 3. What were the reasons George W Bush got America into the Iraq
- Choose one provision from the ANA Code of Ethics. How is ethical behavior an integral part of being a nurse leader? How does one communicate the characteristics of a role model with this provision? Do ethics influence the leadership style of the nurse leader?
- Discussion Response Supporting a Thesis Statement
- Nursing Dilemma
- Discuss three bases of individual power from the article (reward, legitimate, etc.) which you find in your workplace or other areas of your life.
- Consider how it makes your field more reliable, better analyses, detecting weaknesses and emergencies. You may give as many examples of math as you would like.
- Research paper on why there should be stricter gun control laws in the United States.
- APPLICATION ESSAY UNDER 200 WORDS