How the Courts Address or Respect Our Rights as Citizens Presentation
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
Textbook: Chapter 17. Also, Chapter 11 and 12 from Week 6 might still be relevant.
Minimum of 2 scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
This is Part II of the assignment you submitted in Week 6.
Using the case outline (Part I: How the Courts Address or Respect Our Rights as Citizens) you submitted in Week 6, prepare and submit a presentation, which will either be a narrated PowerPoint, a Kaltura Video, or some other format as approved by your instructor. Be sure to verify the presentation format with your instructor before starting work on this assignment.
The presentation Point presentation will need to include:
Name the case
Discuss the facts of the case
Discuss the history of the case (what laws or legal action was taken)
Discuss the issues or the facts of the case and legal questions the court must decide
Discuss if the court’s decision or holdings was for the plaintiff or for the defendant and what were the reasons for the decision?
Discuss the concurring and dissenting opinions from the judge or if a jury trial, the jury.
Important: In this assignment, you are expected to elaborate the points you made in the prior assignment in Week 6. This assignment will be graded on your strength to elaborate and explain the facts of the case and proper use of visual aids, good narration, and presenting to the case and how well you stick to the case. For example, if you are using the PowerPoint, you are also expected to include proper visuals that are relevant to the case. Do not copy-paste the outline into this and call it complete.
This assignment is worth 250 points.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
Length: The presentation must be 10-15 slides long if using PowerPoint (excluding cover and reference pages) or 3-5 minute long if using a video presentation.
12-point Times New Roman font
References page (minimum of 2 scholarly sources in addition to textbook if cited)
Use the speaker notes to elaborate on the content on the slides
Identifies numerous facts that go above and beyond highlighting the importance of the case and make the case foundations explicit.
The presentation covers an exceptional level of case history to make the legal actions surrounding the case clear and detailed.
- Strategies to Restore Academic Motivation and Well-Being Essay
- Reevaluating Supervised Release Violations Research
- Analyzing Military Tactics, Intelligence Assessment, and Long-term Consequences in the Afghanistan War Essay
- How Environmental Enrichment Sparks Neural Stem Cell Renewal in the Aging Brain Research
- Implementing Moral Development Theory in South African Inclusive Classrooms Essay
- Microsoft’s Role and Mitigation Strategies Essay
- Strategic Decision-Making in the Smartphone Industry Discussion
- Mastering the Art of Coffee Brewing Essay
- The Mysteries of Organic Compounds Research
- Optimizing Employee Motivation in the Aviation Industry Research