Healthcare professionals would be thrilled if individuals made decisions about what to eat based on a solid knowledge of what constitutes a “healthy diet.” Unfortunately, that is not typically the case. Many people do not know what constitutes a healthy diet. There are also those who do know but make less healthy choices for several reasons.
The food choices that people make are influenced by a variety of factors. Factor-categories include, but are not limited to, environmental cues, socioeconomic realities, cultural/religious beliefs, and the availability of foods in the community.
In a 3-page paper, written in APA format using proper spelling/grammar, address the following:
Explain what nutrition is and why it is important.
Describe the characteristics of a healthy diet and provide supporting examples.
Identify at least two (2) factors (other than culture) that can impact a person’s food choices and provide a specific example for each.
Research a culture (e.g., ethnic, religious, dietary) where specific food restrictions are dictated and address the following:
Describe the restrictions.
Explain how the restrictions could make it difficult for an individual to achieve a healthy diet.
What dietary alternatives could be incorporated to overcome the dietary restrictions?
Cite at least 3 credible references and present the resources in APA format on the References page.
- Describe the strategic approach of the United States to terrorism in Africa and explain the threat to the United States from terrorists recruited by Al Shabaab.
- What are the potential consequences for ignoring emergent strategies?
- If you have celiac disease or know of someone who does, how does going gluten-free affect their lives?
- What do Edward Belamy and Henry George have to say about the possibility of changing industrialized societies without revolution?
- What did Kipling say in the poem, The White Mans Burden?
- Discuss how the field of Speech Language Pathology can be incorporated within Academic success (written oral communication of literacy across the curriculum) and Cultural diversity (Bilingualism English language learners).
- Are there differences between these terms, or are they synonymous?
- What is the difference between real or physical evidence and testimonial evidence?
- Write an essay that identifies–and presents a reasonable, well-developed solution for–some type of problem related to technology.
- What aspect of family psychology interests you?