The requirements are mentioned in below task description.
the needed out come is to have a presentation outline with the content, the information should be from the shared attachments.
Prepare a 5 mins presentation on how you would brief a mentor and mentee on establishing and maintaining a long-term mentoring relationship.
What points would you cover?
What important information would you give them?
How would you prepare them for a long-term relationship?
Additional information about the topic:
Initiating the mentoring relationship
Have a first meeting, chemistry session. You meet and exchange your profiles, tell about yourself. Definitely speak about expectations. Set purpose, goals and challenges. Share about the set up of the mentoring. Make sure commitment can be given. How can we organize the process, how to align it with company strategy etc.
Questions mentees can ask themselves in preparation for the first meeting:
What are my strengths and development needs?
What are my short-term and long-term career goals?
What do I want from the mentoring experience?
What can I contribute to the mentoring experience?
How can I help the mentor help me?
What is the most important thing the mentor can help me with?
Questions Mentors Can Ask themselves in Preparation for the First Meeting: What can I contribute to the mentoring experience?
What kind of mentoring experiences or moments have been most helpful to me?
What kind of development experiences have helped me the most in my career?
How relevant are they to the mentees development?
What do I want from the mentoring experience?
How much responsibility should I carry in the relationship? How much should the mentee carry?
What skills do I need to mentor someone?
GOOD MENTORING QUESTIONS:
What barriers do you see?
What areas are being difficult?
What if you volunteered to take on the task?
What is your career goal?
which of these projects interest you the most?
What can you learn from that?
How will balance your work-life?
How would you handle this task?
REFLECTIONS FROM INITIAL MENTORING SESSION
Open ended questions; good listening behavior; good summary of actions at end; supportive/ encouraging.
Next time: emphasise confidentiality and stress business/ non-business relationship – ground rules
Used 5Cs; used different examples for challenges; explored consequences; effective feedback.
Took time to clarify objective; good open ended questions. Moved into advice and suggestions maybe too early. Build relationship first.
Used GROW model; established SMART goals. Next time: introduced a business topic too early. Spend more time getting to know mentee.
Open ended questions encouraged mentee to be open; varying questions. Good referral to another source of information. (If you don’t know, don’t guess). Challenge: finding the right question to keep discussion going. Goals need to have a timeframe.
REFLECTIONS FROM FINAL MENTORING PRACTICE
Use of SWOT and Scaling. Good clarifying and open ended questions. Mentor offering suggestions. Scaling breaks bigger issue into smaller chunks and actions.
Mentor supportive. Asking questions. SWOT tool.
Good feedback from mentor. Used some parts of scaling.
Built on earlier discussion. Established good relationship. Positive outcomes after just 2 sessions based on trust.
Used scaling and explored obstacles. Well defined action plan driven by mentee. Also agreed how plan will be executed and measured.
- How would you solve the moral dilemma of Janet Moore? Try to put yourself in her place. What would you decide and why? Explain the reasons for your decision carefully.
- Project purpose idea: neighborhood community board assessing the risks involved if Con Edison continues with a (specific) project. Transition Risk being the focus- economic losses from a business changing policies and production to more energy efficient methods
- Animal parts used in Fashion industry or Fashion buisness and affecting animal welfare and ethics
- Analysis of W T. Stead’s The Maiden Tribute
- Write a description or details about these two alternatives of action including their pros and cons with details and explanations.
- Animal parts/ products used in the fashion industry
- To what extent can the policy process be described as evidence-based, in your chosen policy area? In what circumstances has research been utilised by decision-makers, and why?
- MBA – INNOVATION, ENTERPRENEURSHIP & TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER
- Substance Abuse Assessment and Treatment Planning Week 14 – Final Exam – Part I & Part II
- Discussion Board Response