The requirements are mentioned in below task description.
the needed out come is to have a presentation outline with the content, the information should be from the shared attachments.
Prepare a 5 mins presentation on how you would brief a mentor and mentee on establishing and maintaining a long-term mentoring relationship.
What points would you cover?
What important information would you give them?
How would you prepare them for a long-term relationship?
Additional information about the topic:
Initiating the mentoring relationship
Have a first meeting, chemistry session. You meet and exchange your profiles, tell about yourself. Definitely speak about expectations. Set purpose, goals and challenges. Share about the set up of the mentoring. Make sure commitment can be given. How can we organize the process, how to align it with company strategy etc.
Questions mentees can ask themselves in preparation for the first meeting:
What are my strengths and development needs?
What are my short-term and long-term career goals?
What do I want from the mentoring experience?
What can I contribute to the mentoring experience?
How can I help the mentor help me?
What is the most important thing the mentor can help me with?
Questions Mentors Can Ask themselves in Preparation for the First Meeting: What can I contribute to the mentoring experience?
What kind of mentoring experiences or moments have been most helpful to me?
What kind of development experiences have helped me the most in my career?
How relevant are they to the mentees development?
What do I want from the mentoring experience?
How much responsibility should I carry in the relationship? How much should the mentee carry?
What skills do I need to mentor someone?
GOOD MENTORING QUESTIONS:
What barriers do you see?
What areas are being difficult?
What if you volunteered to take on the task?
What is your career goal?
which of these projects interest you the most?
What can you learn from that?
How will balance your work-life?
How would you handle this task?
REFLECTIONS FROM INITIAL MENTORING SESSION
Open ended questions; good listening behavior; good summary of actions at end; supportive/ encouraging.
Next time: emphasise confidentiality and stress business/ non-business relationship – ground rules
Used 5Cs; used different examples for challenges; explored consequences; effective feedback.
Took time to clarify objective; good open ended questions. Moved into advice and suggestions maybe too early. Build relationship first.
Used GROW model; established SMART goals. Next time: introduced a business topic too early. Spend more time getting to know mentee.
Open ended questions encouraged mentee to be open; varying questions. Good referral to another source of information. (If you don’t know, don’t guess). Challenge: finding the right question to keep discussion going. Goals need to have a timeframe.
REFLECTIONS FROM FINAL MENTORING PRACTICE
Use of SWOT and Scaling. Good clarifying and open ended questions. Mentor offering suggestions. Scaling breaks bigger issue into smaller chunks and actions.
Mentor supportive. Asking questions. SWOT tool.
Good feedback from mentor. Used some parts of scaling.
Built on earlier discussion. Established good relationship. Positive outcomes after just 2 sessions based on trust.
Used scaling and explored obstacles. Well defined action plan driven by mentee. Also agreed how plan will be executed and measured.
- Amazon’s Marketing Problems Recommendations
- Military Mishaps and CRM
- Managers encounter workplace situations that challenge their ethical decision-making and social responsibilities. Managers’ unethical behaviors or decisions have made news headlines, as they are obligated to make ethical decisions on behalf of their organizations.
- Identify which concept from the list will serve you most in your managerial role and detail how you will use what you learned
- An organizational structure differs from one business to another. According to Robbins and Coulter (1), organizations can have the following types of structures
- Southwest Airlines Company’s Financial Analysis
- Can you please write about the importance of workforce diversity and equality, and the wage gap, connecting to the subtopics from the attachment? Please and thank you!
- What were some of the concepts that made you curious or prompted you to look at the relationship between business and society differently?
- Discuss your thoughts about what you learned and something you felt was useful in your clinical.
- In your opinion, what is one of the most pressing and significant concerns facing communities today that a business might have a responsibility to consider?