Power point presentation. Applying the principles from the Nursing Leadership and Health Policy learning modules students will explore the role of the Registered Nurse Leader in policy advocacy. Groups of two to three students will create a policy challenge presentation with a focus on collaboration. All members must participate to earn points. Each group member will receive an individual grade for the assignment and will participate in a rated peer evaluation of each group member. The final grade for each student will be based upon the presentation and peer evaluations and determined by the course professor. The course professor will randomly assign students to a group and post the assigned groups and student names in a course announcement in week one. Contact peers in your assigned group by university email in week one to begin planning and collaborating on the project between weeks one and seven.
Interview a nurse leader from a professional nursing organization to collect ideas for the project.
Utilize your readings, research and resources to build the content. This should be a collaborative team process. Divide the workload for the project in an equitable manner among team members.
Each group will design a voice- narrated Powerpoint or Prezi to create a presentation and provide an overview of a grassroots policy challenge (present or past) that the identified organization supports. The policy challenge can be a local, state or federal policy issue. Create a title slide or page with the full names of each group member. Include a final slide or page with key references cited in APA 6th ed. format.
Each presentation should be between 5-10 minutes in length. Rehearse and time the presentation in advance to ensure that the 10-min. time limit is not exceeded.
One person from each assigned group will post the group signature assignment for his/her group as an attachment in the week seven discussion forum on or before Day 3, Week 7.
Each team member will submit his or her group powerpoint presentation individually in the D2L assignment upload box for grading.
Each presentation will need to include (but is not limited to):
Brief description of the policy challenge the team has chosen and the nursing association that was identified.
Describe the “Agenda” for the identified policy challenge. Include how the policy issue was identified, (Did the organization complete a review of the literature, an environmental scan and/or a SWOT analysis, etc.?)
Brief description of key stakeholders (those who will be affected and those who can effect change), ie, interest groupcixs, opposition groups/individuals or coalitions.
- What would you do differently in a similar patient evaluation?
- Do you agree with President Jackson’s conclusions of the necessity for an Indian Removal Policy?
- Is it possible to teach someone to love reading?
- Why is the murder of Lady Macduff and her dramatically necessary? Consider what the murder reveals about Macbeth and the effect the murder has/will have on Macduff and other noblemen.
- Bail Trap by Nick Pinto
- Management Control Report
- How would you solve the moral dilemma of Janet Moore? Try to put yourself in her place. What would you decide and why? Explain the reasons for your decision carefully.
- Project purpose idea: neighborhood community board assessing the risks involved if Con Edison continues with a (specific) project. Transition Risk being the focus- economic losses from a business changing policies and production to more energy efficient methods
- Animal parts used in Fashion industry or Fashion buisness and affecting animal welfare and ethics
- Analysis of W T. Stead’s The Maiden Tribute