From Chapter 9s review questions and covering Learning Objective 9-1, what are five common reasons for crashing a project? In your personal and professional lives, which have you experienced? Please discuss.
As a project manager, a manager in general, or simply for ones own self-knowledge, knowing your type temperament can be an excellent tool in helping improve our relational efforts. This week youre going to use a tool to help in that insight a bit.
Research and take the Keirsey Temperament Sorter Test found on the internet. Google search “Keirsey Temperament Sorter Test”.
Grade yourself, and then:
Check your type with the Keirsey Temperament Sorter definitions.
I am the Artisan temperament.
Larson, E., & Gray, C. F. (2018). Project management: The managerial process (7th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
This chapter presents a practical, logical formal process for assessing the implications that involve shortening the duration of a given project.
Chapter 9: Reducing Project Duration
This Chapter discusses what is required of project managers in building a cooperative network among many diverse groups within the organization. How to build relationships and trust will be key to both the project manager and project success.
Chapter 10: Being an Effective Project Manager
- Beauty comes in all forms. It is a social idea, a point of view. Research ” beauty” in different time periods and/ or different cultures and analyze why these constructs were or are considered beautiful, decipher reasons. Identify the time period with historical or cultural context.
- After you have watched the videos, choose one of the three companies. In a double-spaced MS Word document (400-600 words), explain how the company you chose strategizes to increase sales by leveraging each link in the Service-Profit Chain. What sales and sevice model(s) do they utlize? Use what you have learned in your course materials, the videos, and any additional research you conduct. Remember to cite your resources using in-text citations and provide a reference list.
- The elements of Use Case diagram include actors, use cases, subject boundaries, and a set of relationships among actors which may include extends and generalization.
- Inasmuch as the US GPS system is daily linked to private and public enterprises, should it be specifically designated as part of our country’s infrastructure? Why or why not? (Provide your reasoning). If you believe that it should, how should it be controlled? (provide your reasoning)
- Review the tsunami basics video included in the previous module to understand the signs of an approaching tsunami.
- How do sexual and gender biases impact the delivery of social services (include health care) to your clients? Based on what you read in the units resources and your experience to date, what do you believe is a successful strategy for dealing with such biases?
- Control of Global Business
- Think about what you have read in the units resources. Identify 1 common theme about social work practice from an international perspective that is important to you as a social worker.
- Determine topic and search for resources – do not finalize that topic until you’ve found at least four strong, academic, sources. Two resources to consider as a place to get started are:
- To what degree are the organization’s strategic and operational decisions affected by conflict and politics?