In this discussion, you will explore the concept of public perception and the impact it has on the mental health field. By reading the Forbes article, Researchers Doubt That Certain Mental Disorders Are Disorders at All, https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisonescalante/2020/08/11/researchers-doubt-that-certain-mental-disorders-are-disorders-at-all/?fbclid=IwAR39KWFPcVMCMeeMvTKiTrODoxmMOWmFfoAxr3TmC9_tOei6PDS5xchJEvY&sh=83216915a6aa
you can see that perceptions regarding mental health shift on a metaphoric pendulum over periods of time.
For your initial post, address the following:
The article notes that labels often define who we are and help us to determine what we are able to do. For arguments sake, if the scientific community shifted from labels such as ADHD, anxiety, or PTSD to the definition of an individuals response to the environment, how do you believe society would adapt to the change?
In some cases, a diagnosis can provide individuals with a sense of relief. It gives them the opportunity to address personal issues with a clear treatment plan.
What are the benefits of having labels for mental health disorders?
What are some detriments of having labels for mental health disorders?
How does the concept outlined in this article apply to any of the following programmatic themes? You may want to review the Programmatic Themes document.
- Discuss how you would advise S&S Air about planning and growth in your own country and expansion into other countries?
- Explain how shaving 5% off the estimated direct labor-hours in the base for the predetermined overhead rate usually results in a big boost in net operating income at the end of the fiscal year.
- Write about South Africa’s withdrawal from the Commonwealth upon becoming a republic in 1961.
- Explain how your experience coming from a low income household helped has shape who you are?
- Write about union formation, labour strikes and collective bargaining as all three are related to the general theme/topic of trade unionism.
- Identify the link between media and risk perception using a mix method of research having face to face interviews and sent out a questionnaire, the literature review is vital for success.
- Explain the appearance of any damsels in distress, heroes, or romancewhat purpose does this element serve?
- Discuss offenders focus of interests, the type of relationship he makes with the target (i.e., with the victim), the offenders thinking process in terms of what he uses to select the circumstances of the offense, the risks factored into the account (i.e., risks he accepts before committing those crimes).
- What are some ways in which you can avoid these health problems by accurately responding to a stressful situation?
- Provide your position on disaster diplomacy and if it can be applied to real-world situations. Is this a realistic concept or idealistic wishful thinking that, at best, produces only temporary, transitory benefits?