Families with children at varying stages of development face many challenges as they consider how to work with and support their children. As an educator, it is important to recognize and understand the challenges, including how the family unit interacts and works with one another. Developing strategies for supporting families and understanding how they function through each developmental stage of a student supports your effectiveness when collaborating with families. What strategies might you use to engage families? What cultural factors might you need to understand as you collaborate with families?
For this Assignment, you explore the function of families at each life stage of the development of a student. You then examine a specific stage of development and identify a strategy that might support educators as they engage with families. Finally, you explore cultural factors that might influence family interactions at the stage of development you select.
Review Chapter 11 of the Friend and Cook text and consider family-systems theory and family life cycles as they relate to the life stages of development.
Select one life stage of development from Chapter 11 and think about the functions of families at this stage.
Select one life stage of development from Chapter 11 of the Friend and Cook textbook and explain the following:
What are the functions of families at this stage?
What is one strategy educators can use to engage families at this stage of development?
How might educators use technology to support engaging with families?
Explain how cultural factors might influence the child and/or family interactions at this developmental stage.
Discuss any concerns that you might have about working with families of children at this developmental stage.
Suggest how specific needs of the learner might affect the life stages of development.
Assignment length: 23 pages
This assignment should be well supported with the weekly resources and/or outside resources. Please include a reference list and cite using proper APA format.
- Identify sources of original data or declare that there are no data that would help you to answer this research question
- 532 Pamplet/handout
- 540 Policy Brief
- Critically review the article. Analyze the evidence. Was the research presented in the article objective or bias?
- Medical Misdiagnosis
- What did Nadella bring in terms of his own background (professional and personal) that helped him to be successful in stepping into the CEO role?
- Circular Economy in Yachting Industry
- Personal Essay- Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Reconfiguring managerial strategies through the lens of sustainable development in Romanian companies.
- Leadership Through Film