compose a persuasive essay (400-word minimum) that counterargues fallacies such as false claims and stereotypes. The purpose of this assignment is to provide counterarguments for a fallacious opinion.
In this essay assignment, use a minimum of three counterargument examples to argue against one of the fallacious arguments below, and develop those counterarguments in separate paragraphs without using personal attacks or forms of the words false or lie. Do not take a middle of the road position in your counterarguments. Take a firm stand.
Incidentally, what is wrong with using a personal attack? Personal attacks in an essay or research paper are referred to as ad hominin fallacies, which are also in this weeks Lesson Overview reading assignment. Short version: Instead of a personal attack, argue against the persons ideas. People are not morons although some of their ideas are moronic.
For example, if a writer refers to President Bozo as incompetent, brainless, and has a lack of leadership skills; that writer has committed an ad hominin fallacy even though the writer is correct.
Have a good time with this one. Below are the fallacious arguments. To counterargue them, a writer would have to offer specific reasons about why the original arguments are fallacious.
MUST CHOOSE FROM ONE OF THE FOILLOWING:
Fallacious argument 1: The voting age in the United States should be lowered to 16 years of age because todays 16-year-olds are more responsible and informed than those that age in the past decades.
Fallacious argument 2: Noncitizens who violated federal law by illegally crossing into the United States should be allowed to vote in elections if they apologize and have violated no other laws.
This is about attacking a persons ideas not their name in an essay, that’s what the essay is about.
- Discussion 4: Food Disparity
- Evaluate and critique Pope John Paul II based on the materials read. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ADHERE TO THE ATTACHED PDF CONTAINING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO WRITE THE PAPER. The attached PDF will show you how to adhere to its instruction regarding formatting and constructing an incisive thesis sentence, with each paragraph presenting one main point defending the thesis.
- gential pain and itching
- Define the factors from case#3 that played a role in each of the three groups. Research outside of the textbook is required for this assignment to obtain in depth information from this incident you must include in your paper. Make sure to include a works cited page following MLA formatting
- The Equal Rights Amendment was first proposed almost a century ago and has still not been added to the United States Constitution.
- In this assignment, you will create an annotated bibliography consisting of seven sources. Each entry will consist of a reference list citation, a summary of the sources information, and a one-sentence assessment. Each annotation should be between 150 to 200 words.
- A cornerstone of learning juvenile justice includes understanding the difference in treatment of juveniles who enter the system versus adults who enter the system. Initially, protective rights were not extended to juveniles. However, through the process of appeal and evaluation by The Supreme Court, juveniles were extended many of the same rights and protections given to adults who came into the formal legal system. Read Kent v US and write a legal brief. A legal brief requires the following: the case title, statement of the issue of the case, the details of the case background, and the way in which the court ruled, with an explanation supporting that ruling. Two pages are required in APA format to include a title page, in-text citations, and a reference page.
- Explain strategies for managing human and financial resources to promote organizational health. Explain how the interdisciplinary plan could be implemented and how the human and financial resources would be managed.
- Research the company on its own website, public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Filings & Forms page, Strayer University’s online databases, Strayer University’s Lexis Advance database, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions. Use the Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness Template [DOCX] to ensure that your assignment meets the requirements.
- Why is a practical, working knowledge of the law important to the security manager and how does it impact their capabilities and services? Although insurance can never be a substitute for a comprehensive security program, what are its primary roles and functions related to security management?