1. How is the adversarial system of justice related to the truth-seeking function of the courts? Explain your answer.
2. Explain thoroughly in your own words the types of, and reasons for, court jurisdiction.
3. With the proliferation of social media and saturation of news sources, might we see a formal addition to the Model Code of Judicial Conduct regarding judges’ use? What regulations/prohibitions would such an addition be likely to include?
4. How do you define the appearance of impropriety in our courts? What is an example of such an “appearance” dilemma?
5. What is the underlying philosophy of problem-solving courts? Are problem-solving courts soft on crime? Explain.
6. What is the “CSI Effect” and in what ways does research indicate it has affected court operations? Do you believe, the lack of compelling evidence withstanding, there does in fact exist such an effect?
- If you were a researher, what population would you like to study?
- Which era was the most significant in terms of scientific and intellectual achievement and why?
- Discuss The Benefits of Therapy Animal Use in Healthcare.
- Explain how you believe the courts decision played a role in policy changes.
- Write a formal persuasive e-mail to a community leader to address a social concern.
- Discuss related challenges faced by social workers who serve the identified special population and its related field of practice.
- Explain and evaluate the article based on the criteria of clearness and the scientific method, as discussed in lectures.
- To what degree or under what circumstances should an individual rebel against, rather than conform to, society?
- Discuss about organizational design using strategic management principles.
- Describe the “reality contract” of a film or scripted TV series (not a “reality show” or news documentary) of your choice.