For this Assignment, you examine the systems development life cycle and the workflow model present in a case study.
Select one of the following case studies to use for this assignment:
Scenario 1: Kate is an RN and office manager at Dr. Does cardiology office. She is in charge of scheduling, supervising the billers, and managing patients needs for Dr. Doe. Lately, patients have been asking so many questions about their health. Although they just finished their appointment, they still have questions. The 1-hour appointment is not enough time to cover all of their questions, and the providers schedule is full. She wants to develop a social media platform to serve as a method of communication with the patients and families, as well as a means of education. This platform would be used for prevention and additional education regarding heart health. It could also serve patients of all ages. She plans to use Twitter to communicate with Dr. Does patients. What workflow model could be used and why is it a good fit? What alternative workflow model could be used?
Consider whether the workflow model you identified is a good fit and why.
Reflect on how the clinical decision support system impacted workflow in the case.
Review the role of the nurse informaticist in the case study and how the role could beneficial benefit internal and external customers.
Explore alternative workflow models that could be used in this scenario to improve patient safety and/or outcomes.
Search for at least two outside resources and two resources from the Learning Resources in this course to support your recommendation for an alternative workflow model.
Assignment: Workflow Model Analysis (23 pages)
Briefly describe the case study you selected.
Explain the systems development life cycle present in the case.
Describe the workflow model that was used. Explain whether this workflow model is a good fit and why.
Explain how the clinical decision support system impacted workflow in the case.
Assess the role of the nurse informaticist in the case study and how the role could be beneficial to internal and external customers. (Customers external to health care organizations include patients, patients’ families and visitors, referring physicians, doctors’ offices, blood donors, and third-party payers. Internal customers include nurses, staff physicians and other professionals, students, trainees, employees, departments, and committees.)
Recommend an alternative workflow model that could be used in this scenario. Explain how it improves patient safety and/or outcomes.
Support your recommendation by synthesizing and integrating at least two outside resources and two of the provided Resources.
2 internal sources below. Need 2 additional outside sources
Tilley, S. (2020). Systems analysis and design (12th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage.
Chapter 1, Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design
Chapter 2, Analyzing the Business Case (pp. 4570)
Eisenstein, E. L., & Butler, K. A. (2015). Health informatics-enabled workflow redesign and evaluation. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, 208, 131136. doi:10.3233/978-1-61499-488-6-131
Thompson, C., Kell, C., Shetty, R., & Banerjee, D. (2016). Clinical workflow redesign leveraging informatics improves patient outcomes. Heart & Lung: The Journal of Acute and Critical Care, 45(4), 380381. doi:10.1016/j.hrtlng.2016.05.025
- Amazon’s Marketing Problems Recommendations
- Military Mishaps and CRM
- Managers encounter workplace situations that challenge their ethical decision-making and social responsibilities. Managers’ unethical behaviors or decisions have made news headlines, as they are obligated to make ethical decisions on behalf of their organizations.
- Identify which concept from the list will serve you most in your managerial role and detail how you will use what you learned
- An organizational structure differs from one business to another. According to Robbins and Coulter (1), organizations can have the following types of structures
- Southwest Airlines Company’s Financial Analysis
- Can you please write about the importance of workforce diversity and equality, and the wage gap, connecting to the subtopics from the attachment? Please and thank you!
- What were some of the concepts that made you curious or prompted you to look at the relationship between business and society differently?
- Discuss your thoughts about what you learned and something you felt was useful in your clinical.
- In your opinion, what is one of the most pressing and significant concerns facing communities today that a business might have a responsibility to consider?