In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competencies:
Demonstrate effective management skills and practices in diverse, distributed, and collaborative work environments
Explain the interrelatedness of the functions and forms of organizations
Imagine you are a new manager at the SNHU Pet Supply Company. The company has grown from a small, local pet-supply company into a large organization with locations in Manchester, New Hampshire and Denver, Colorado. It also employs remote staff. The manager you are replacing was with the team for two years and left on negative terms, which exacerbated an already concerning team culture.
You have been asked to present a management plan that addresses identified areas of concern, rebuilds the teams culture, and aligns organizational practices to leadership.
Leadership has provided you with a management brief that outlines the key pieces of information you will need in order to make informed recommendations.
Use course resources and the information provided in the Project One Management Brief (located in the Supporting Materials section) to develop recommendations that will meet the needs of your new team and align with your organizations mission, vision, culture statement, and goals.
Use the Presentation Template to create presentation slides that highlight key pieces of information, and use the Speaker Notes Template to outline what you would say when presenting your recommendations in a future meeting with leadership. Both templates are located in the What to Submit section.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
Leadership and Management: Describe leadership and management practices that you feel would be best suited to manage the team. Explain why you believe these practices are in alignment with the organizations mission, culture, and goals, as well as how they would be effective in improving the teams culture.
Followership: Explain how you would leverage your strengths as a leader to strengthen the teams effectiveness and culture. Also explain how your strengths could be used to develop followership within your team.
Decision-Making Models: Describe decision-making models that you believe will be the most effective for the team and management approach and their alignment with the organization, as well as how they would be effective in improving the teams culture.
Emotional Intelligence: Describe considerations for ensuring your management practices are emotionally intelligent and inclusive of diverse perspectives, needs, and roles within your team. Explain why you believe they are in alignment with the organization and how they would be effective in improving the teams culture.
Communication and Collaboration Across Functions
Forms and Functions: Explain how the various forms and functions of the organization impact the team; also explain how the team impacts the various forms and functions across the organization.
Communication Practices: Describe the strengths and weaknesses of the current communication practices being used across functions, and recommend better ways to communicate that meet the organizations needs.
Organizational Mission, Vision, and Goals: Explain the general purpose of organizational missions, culture statements, and goals and what these three things say about the way an organization should operate. Take organizational structure, leadership and management approaches, and diversity and inclusion practices into account when considering an operation.
Template: Speaker Notes Template
Use complete sentences to outline what you would say in a verbal presentation. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
- Write An Analysis of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Labour Market in South Africa.
- Discuss how you would advise S&S Air about planning and growth in your own country and expansion into other countries?
- Explain how shaving 5% off the estimated direct labor-hours in the base for the predetermined overhead rate usually results in a big boost in net operating income at the end of the fiscal year.
- Write about South Africa’s withdrawal from the Commonwealth upon becoming a republic in 1961.
- Explain how your experience coming from a low income household helped has shape who you are?
- Write about union formation, labour strikes and collective bargaining as all three are related to the general theme/topic of trade unionism.
- Identify the link between media and risk perception using a mix method of research having face to face interviews and sent out a questionnaire, the literature review is vital for success.
- Explain the appearance of any damsels in distress, heroes, or romancewhat purpose does this element serve?
- Discuss offenders focus of interests, the type of relationship he makes with the target (i.e., with the victim), the offenders thinking process in terms of what he uses to select the circumstances of the offense, the risks factored into the account (i.e., risks he accepts before committing those crimes).
- What are some ways in which you can avoid these health problems by accurately responding to a stressful situation?