Innovation and creativity are growing in importance in a very competitive business world.
Organizations use various innovative methods and techniques to ensure competitive
advantage within their industry and to meet their customers needs.
ASSESSMENT 1 BRIEF
Subject Code and Title BIZ301Organizational Creativity andInnovation
Assessment Case Study Analysis
Length 1,200 words +/10%
Learning Outcomes The Subject Learning Outcomes demonstrated by successful
completion of the task below include:
a) Differentiate between the processes of
creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
b) Identify organizations that develop and foster
the processes, practices, and attributes for
creativity and innovation.
c) Explain the implications for organizational
strategy, when developing a culture of creativity
Submission Due by 11:55pm AEST/AEDT Sunday of Module 2 (week 4)
Total Marks 100 marksBIZ301_Assessment 1_Case Study Page 2 of 5
This assessment will encourage students to explore the methods and approaches undertaken
by a leading organization. The aim of this assessment is to discuss and apply theoretical
concepts mainly from modules 1 and 2 of the subject towards evaluating the success of a
Students are to select from ONE of the following organizations to research and apply the
theory from the modules towards evaluating the role of organizational creativity and
innovation in the organizations success.
PLEASE NOTE: Students who do not select from the following list of organizations will receive
an automatic failure for the assessment.
List of organizations from which to complete your Case Study Analysis and Report
Tata Corp https://www.tata.com/
Semco Partners http://www.semco.com.br/en/
Torrens University Australia https://www.torrens.edu.au/
Orange Sky https://orangesky.org.au/
Emma & Toms https://emmaandtom.com/
Students will review and analyze the chosen organization with theoretical models from the
modules and produce a 1200-word report that responds to the following four questions:
1. For the organization’s approach to innovation, identify and discuss their approach to
2. To help identify the customers needs, what innovative approach has the
organization used and how did it help them from a competitive perspective?
3. How has convergence innovation contributed to the organizations success, and what
experience innovation has been created?
4. What mind-set has the innovator set for the organisation, and to what extend is he /
she a Change Agent??
Your report should include a Cover Page, Executive Summary, Table of Contents,
Introduction, Discussion (with the 4 questions above), Conclusion and References.
- What are the common differences between Academic Research and Applied Research?
- Identify a healthcare scenario focused on the need for culturally safe practice.
- Write a research paper on the changes in academic world after the pandemic.
- What is the difference between a specification limit and a control limit?
- Describe how a race condition is possible and what might be done to prevent the race condition from occurring.
- Discuss a mental health condition (i.e. major depressive disorder, schizophrenia, alcohol use disorder..PICK ONE.etc.) and its burden as a noncommunicable disease in terms of short-term/chronic disability and morbidity.
- Describe various theories / conceptual frameworks concerning sexual orientation discussed in your course book.
- Discuss why it is so important to understand physical development and brain functioning when working as an adolescent mental health therapist?
- Write a book report on The Big Thirst by Charles Fisherman.
- Write a paper, Times New Roman 12 point font, double spaced on why it is important to have an understanding of pediatric pharmacotherapeutics and how pediatric practice differs from adult practice.