Innovation and creativity are growing in importance in a very competitive business world.
Organizations use various innovative methods and techniques to ensure competitive
advantage within their industry and to meet their customers needs.
ASSESSMENT 1 BRIEF
Subject Code and Title BIZ301Organizational Creativity andInnovation
Assessment Case Study Analysis
Length 1,200 words +/10%
Learning Outcomes The Subject Learning Outcomes demonstrated by successful
completion of the task below include:
a) Differentiate between the processes of
creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
b) Identify organizations that develop and foster
the processes, practices, and attributes for
creativity and innovation.
c) Explain the implications for organizational
strategy, when developing a culture of creativity
Submission Due by 11:55pm AEST/AEDT Sunday of Module 2 (week 4)
Total Marks 100 marksBIZ301_Assessment 1_Case Study Page 2 of 5
This assessment will encourage students to explore the methods and approaches undertaken
by a leading organization. The aim of this assessment is to discuss and apply theoretical
concepts mainly from modules 1 and 2 of the subject towards evaluating the success of a
Students are to select from ONE of the following organizations to research and apply the
theory from the modules towards evaluating the role of organizational creativity and
innovation in the organizations success.
PLEASE NOTE: Students who do not select from the following list of organizations will receive
an automatic failure for the assessment.
List of organizations from which to complete your Case Study Analysis and Report
Tata Corp https://www.tata.com/
Semco Partners http://www.semco.com.br/en/
Torrens University Australia https://www.torrens.edu.au/
Orange Sky https://orangesky.org.au/
Emma & Toms https://emmaandtom.com/
Students will review and analyze the chosen organization with theoretical models from the
modules and produce a 1200-word report that responds to the following four questions:
1. For the organization’s approach to innovation, identify and discuss their approach to
2. To help identify the customers needs, what innovative approach has the
organization used and how did it help them from a competitive perspective?
3. How has convergence innovation contributed to the organizations success, and what
experience innovation has been created?
4. What mind-set has the innovator set for the organisation, and to what extend is he /
she a Change Agent??
Your report should include a Cover Page, Executive Summary, Table of Contents,
Introduction, Discussion (with the 4 questions above), Conclusion and References.
- Identify and define relevant concepts clearly for the viewers. (Define capital and your groups specific variety, if it has one.)
- What is the difference between a cross-sectional study and a longitudinal study? What advantages and disadvantages does each method have?
- What are the implications for both employees/subcontractors and the HR function?
- Discuss the key events that have contributed to the evolution of operations management. Please be sure to include specific events, time (year) and who was involved (the individual’s name or company). Please provide at least three (3) factors and the events.
- Research and describe a patient story that was caused by that sentinel event topic. For example, if the sentinel event alert is about Fires in the Operating rooms, then you must research and find a story about a patient impacted by a fire in the OR.
- * Why is the problem important in the area of corporate crime or regulation of corporate crime?
- Discussion Thread: Price
- Literature Review : Identity Development in 8th graders
- Select a publicly-traded company that is traded on U.S. exchange. Locate the annual report for at least the last three fiscal years.
- summarize the key points of each chapter, and show how those points are related to each other. In the final paragraph, please explain your own thoughts and interpretations of the material.