Let’s start off with something fairly easy. I say fairly easy because I know some of the language Winthrop uses in his sermon are a bit “old school” and reek of an Olde Englishe style. However, it’s not that difficult, and you can pick up on his intent, his words of wisdom for the Puritans en route to settle in America. Yes, it’s got a heavy religious vibe, but there’s still some poignant values he’s trying to impress upon others that we can relate to.
So, in a paragraph of about 250 words, address one value, or point, Winthrop makes, as best you can figure it out – take a guess, if you need to, I’m not looking for perfection here, just an honest response – and explain how you think today’s America has lived up to this value (or point) or how it hasn’t. Start with a sentence to clarify what the value is – again, as you decipher it – and then explain how the country has failed or succeeded in living up to it. If it helps, you can focus on a specific situation that applies, something you saw in the news, or heard about from others, or even experienced yourself.
You’re also welcome to check out an overview of the Puritan idecixal that Winthrop is suggesting here.
- Could you review your regression output calculation again? This should be .95 or higher and will change your predicted market pay equation. As a result, it caused a calculation error in the predicted base pay and adjusted pay rates.
- 7-1 Final Project
- analyze how the characters Meshulam, Asa Heshel, Abram, Rosa Frumetl, Adele, and Hadassah each grapple with the theme of the pull of secularism and modernity vs. the adherence to strict religiosity and tradition. supported by evidence.
- Explain the occupation’s function and importance to the criminal justice system. Select an agency that utilizes the occupation and explore the job requirements and duties.
- Major Social Issues Plaguing the African American Community
- The Theatre of Ritual
- Using current demographic data to make predictions about political behavior, analyze how to advise any racial/ethnic subgroup examined in this course on how to effectively participate in politics at the national, state, county, or local levels.
- Discuss what you would consider when writing a cybersecurity policy for a toy building block business with a multi-billion-dollar annual profit. Describe your business. Give your business a creative name.
- Review the agenda priorities of the current/sitting U.S. president and at least one previous presidential administration.
- Explain the economic conditions of the country and how this affects retirement according to the article.