Use the Capella library and course readings to locate a minimum of five peer-reviewed journal articles on a topic of your choice, then analyze the theories and ethics behind the research studies.
As you work on your assessment, an analysis of the theories and ethics behind five articles, you’ll explore a topic you want to choose for all your assessments. Youll also explore the biological mechanisms behind addiction. The central hypothesis is that behavioral and cognitive impairment caused by drug addiction may be due to changes in the brain and the imbalance of neurotransmitters in the neuron. You’ll also look at how our biological systems affect our motivations.
In the Analysis of Articles assessment, you analyze the research component in the literature of the field for the topic of your interest. In this assessment, you’ll delve deeper by analyzing the theory behind the topic. You’ll gain an understanding of the theory before analyzing and synthesizing it into the literature review.
You will be using the resources you choose for this assessment as part of your Literature Review assessment and to help support a proposed research study of your choosing for the Study Applications assessment. Note that the assessments in this course build on one another. It is a good idea to look ahead to the other assessments to begin to think about a topic you might be interested in researching. This is a good time to select articles for this assessment that will help support your ideas for the other assessments.
For your Theories and Ethics assessment, use the Capella library and course readings to locate a minimum of five peer-reviewed journal articles (published within the last 10 years) that discuss a biological psychology topic of interest to you (the same topic you used for your Analysis of Articles assessment). For example, you might be interested in:
Neurobiology of ecstasy (MDMA) abuse.
Progression of reading ability in a child diagnosed with autism.
Effectiveness of a new drug to treat depression.
You are not limited to these topics, but may choose one of these if you are interested. They are listed to help give you an idea of types of appropriate topics.
Use the following outline to organize your paper:
Describe the topic of the paper.
Describe the theory used in the articles you chose.
Explain how the theories are applied to the topic and to the research findings.
Describe the ethical behaviors used by the researchers of the studies. (For example, how did they protect the participants?)
Explain how these ethical behaviors can be used in your life.
Format: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting. Use the APA Paper Template [DOCX]. In the final section of the assessment you are asked to apply the theories and principles of biological psychology to your own life and career. In this portion of the assessment, first-person language is acceptable; in other sections, the third-person rule continues to apply.
Written communication: Paper is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
Number of resources: Minimum of 57 peer-reviewed journal articles.
Length of paper: 35 typed, double-spaced pages.
Font and font size: Times new Roman, 12 point.
- Write an essay on “what are current HR problems in this organization?”
- Explain and evaluate the impact of standards and regulations on the management of health information.
- What is the issue with abortion right now in terms of public health?
- Discuss what you will gain from an education at the UCSF School of Pharmacy that might be unique from other schools you are considering.
- Describe how your personal, educational, and professional background will help you achieve your goals.
- Explain how local governments can collaborate and continue to provide quality public services?
- Explain the biological (genetic and neuroscientific); psychological (behavioral and cognitive processes, emotional, developmental); and social, cultural, and interpersonal factors that influence the development of psychopathology.
- Explain how your educational, employment or other extracurricular experiences have provided you an opportunity to actively engage with diverse populations and/or address health disparities.
- What are the precipitating factors found in those that commit acts of mass violence.
- Discuss Synthetic Marijuana and Hallucinogens such as K2, Ecstasy, Molly.