Part 1: Mate and Marriage Selection Article
1. Use examples from the reading to show how the different routes to marriage often underscore a culture’s beliefs about women and gender roles.
2. Explain how the rules of exogamy and endogamy limit your choice of a mate in U.S. society. Is there really such a thing as “free-choice” in mate selection?
Part 2: The Balance of Power In Dating Article
1. Dating etiquette (who drives, who pays, opening doors, etc.) used to follow a very obvious and traditional formula. Have dating norms changed? Do men still take the lead on first dates?
2. How do you define power? How would you design a study to measure power within a relationship? Do you think self-reports are an accurate way to measure power?
3. What are the factors that affect the balance of power in relationships? Think of a couple that you know well (or yourself and a partner). Do these factors explain who has more power in the relationship?
1.What are two stated differences of traditional dating in the video clip?
2.How does technology relate with traditional dating values?
1.Summarize the article by introducing your paper with a synopsis of the article.
2.In the article the authors state, “The differences in drinking behavior appear to be related to what people in each society believe about alcohol.” Apply this idea to American college students, alcohol consumption, and behavior.
3. Do you feel that the authors provide ample evidence to support their argument that drinking does not cause violence? Explain why you agree or disagree with their argument.
4. Explain the methodological issues that undermine the claim that alcohol and other drugs are associated with or cause violent behavior.
- Race IAT & Reflection
- Explain how society has used the judicial system and the penitentiary industrial complex as a way of stripping the rights of citizens and controlling people.
- Difference in VO2max and the Ventilatory Threshold Between Elite and Recreational Cyclists
- Self Esteem
- Argument/Discussion: LGBTQ in Racial Contract? White Supremacy vs LGBTQ
- How is the reality you observe different from what is predicted based on current theory/literature? (that’s your reflection on the need of research)
- After reviewing the chapters, download the Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template Download Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template.
- Cryptocurrency in the business management and international relations environment in Western Europe.
- Biofilms and their tolerance to antibiotics
- Beauty comes in all forms. It is a social idea, a point of view. Research ” beauty” in different time periods and/ or different cultures and analyze why these constructs were or are considered beautiful, decipher reasons. Identify the time period with historical or cultural context.