Explain how each of the sense systems (taste, smell, sight, touch, hearing) may have deteriorated by the age of 80.
Use the specific terms for the sense deterioration.
In addition, describe two practical examples (for each sense) of how that deterioration might be noticed in everyday behaviors.
For example, although not on your list, the vestibular sense is located in one’s inner ear. The job of that sense is to provide information regarding body positioning. (You can create disruption in this sense if you close your eyes and spin around fast, or you can notice the disruption if you ever have a bad cold and go from horizontal to vertical with the accompanying dizziness). The deterioration of that sense can cause the individual to struggle to balance their torso over their hips, and, coupled with weakening muscles, can lead to falls and other mobility errors.
- Race IAT & Reflection
- Explain how society has used the judicial system and the penitentiary industrial complex as a way of stripping the rights of citizens and controlling people.
- Difference in VO2max and the Ventilatory Threshold Between Elite and Recreational Cyclists
- Self Esteem
- Argument/Discussion: LGBTQ in Racial Contract? White Supremacy vs LGBTQ
- How is the reality you observe different from what is predicted based on current theory/literature? (that’s your reflection on the need of research)
- After reviewing the chapters, download the Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template Download Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template.
- Cryptocurrency in the business management and international relations environment in Western Europe.
- Biofilms and their tolerance to antibiotics
- Beauty comes in all forms. It is a social idea, a point of view. Research ” beauty” in different time periods and/ or different cultures and analyze why these constructs were or are considered beautiful, decipher reasons. Identify the time period with historical or cultural context.