In this module/week, you learned how to effectively manage the employees of a retail company in order to achieve optimum productivity, high morale, and low turnover, thus increasing the profit margin. Chapter 10 provides information on the various methods for using internal information systems and supply chain management (SCM) systems to maintain a low-cost structure and, thus, increase the profit margin. Chapter 11 discusses the components that produce an effective customer relationship management (CRM) system for the purpose of increasing long-term sales from loyal customers. For this Discussion Board Forum, choose no more than 2 of the following questions to discuss in your thread:
How can retailers use hiring, selecting, training, and motivating employees in their human resource management practices to gain competitive advantage?
Explain how an efficient supply chain system can increase a retailers level of product availability and decrease its inventory investment.
Explain the differences between pull and push supply chains.
Think of one of your favorite places to shop. How does this retailer create customer loyalty and satisfaction, encourage repeat visits, establish an emotional bond between the customer and the retailer, know the customers preferences, and provide personal attention and memorable experiences to its best customers?
- What might the United States do to improve their PISA scores in reading, math, and science?
- Explain how strategic planning can provide a sense of direction and help in the development of measurable goals.
- What do you think about Native American civilization before European Contact?
- Write an essay answering: how would you describe life for the Native Americans before the arrival of the Europeans?
- Identify how the selected tools (individually) are of value and a challenge in the health care industry, inclusive of public health where applicable.
- Describe the four metaparadigms: patient, nurse, health and environment.
- Define a nursing practice area where you could apply Neuman Systems Model.
- What is the main claim of Gladwell’s Essay?
- Discuss two (2) patient education considerations related to the priority concept (topic).
- Describe the importance of the priority concept (topic) to professional practice.