The term paper will be a 3-4 page, single-spaced research paper. Any consistent citation style is acceptable. Claims must be substantiated with citations from reputable sources, which includes the textbook. Err on the side of caution with citations because without exception plagiarism (i.e. presenting the words or ideas of another person as your own) will result, at minimum, in a 0% F.
Choose one of the two options below to write about.
Some scholars of international relations believe that democracies are less likely to go to war than other types of states. Assess this claim. Do you agree? What points from the textbook and discussions can you use to substantiate your position? We have addressed several potential causes of war in this course. Try to incorporate those causes into your answer and evaluate them. There is no wrong answer, but you will be evaluated on how well you support your positions.
In this course, we have made frequent reference to three theoretical perspectives: realism, liberalism, and constructivism. Evaluate the Cold War, including the immediate aftermath of WWII and the downfall of the USSR, from each of these three perspectives. How might each theory interpret the events of the Cold War differently? What insights and/or anomalies arise when assessing the Cold War from each of these perspectives?
A Successful Paper:
Contains a wealth of facts that are both accurate and relevant, fully develops complex ideas, and explains phenomena adequately. The paper remains focused on the issue and avoids straying into tangential subjects. The paper observes the minimum requirements for length, style, and citation.
- Navigating PFAS Contamination in Illinois Research
- The Power of Motivation Theories in the Workplace Essay
- Advancing APRN Practice in California Essay
- Addressing Co-Occurring Disorders and Developing a Gender-Specific Program for Women Essay
- Mastering Effective Communication: Applying Active Listening in the Digital Age Essay
- My Journey to the University of Florida Essay
- Systems Thinking Approach to Addressing the Tragedy of the Commons in Fisheries Management Research
- The Universe’s Secrets: The James Webb Space Telescope Research
- Celebrating Cultural Diversity: An Exploration of Traditional African Dance in NYC Essay
- Enhancing Kindergarten Science Education Outline