Classical v. Keynesian Approaches to Smoothing Business Cycles
Fiscal policies are the actions of Congress on spending and taxing. (Note this is different from monetary policy, which is the action taken by the Federal Reserve to change the money supply and interest rates.)
Explain and compare the Keynesian and classical points of view on whether or not to intervene during the business cycle (an expansion = positive real GDP growth; and a recession = negative real GDP growth).
Are we in recession today? Use today's real GDP growth rates to explain your answer.
As the President's chief economist, describe the Keynesian fiscal policy you think the administration should follow, given today's economic conditions. Support your point of view using principles of Keynesian economics, as described by Mayer in Chapter 16 of Everything Economics
What Role for Government? In Chapter 3, Wheelan describes a number of ways in which the "government is your friend" in a well-functioning society and economy. List and explain two ways that, in your everyday lives, there is a need for an effective government role in an economy.
Explain how this government role does or does not solve a market failure such as an externality.
- Literary Analysis-The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time-Course Project Novel
- What are the health promotion strategies available to support parents and students to take up the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccine and what is the impact on the uptake of the vaccine?
- Discuss your devotion to your fitness plan. Do you think it is a plan you can do for a lifetime?
- Government Essay
- How appropriate and clear is the title of the article?
- English Paper on Understanding learning styles and how that relates to college students
- Select a text, author, or important concept that we have discussed in Pride and Prejudice; locate at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed article or book chapter, written since 2013. Analyze the authors main claims, the kinds of evidence they use to support those claims, how this article shapes your reading of the course text(s), and how it engages with other research and readings you have done to date.
- Complete a research paper that focuses on the district you attended in high school. Revisit your philosophy of teaching statement. The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate understandings of the social, political, and economic forces that impact teaching and learning by focusing on the specific district that you attended high school. The paper should be 7-8 pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt font, 1-inch margins.
- Spatial correlation and drivers of industrial pollution discharge in Africa
- Analyze the short story and then come up with an argumentative thesis statement of 1-2 sentences.