Week 10 Discussion Assignment: Mitigating Climate Change Through Culture, Policy, and Research
Now that we have gone through all of the materials in the textbook, I want us to look at international approaches to environmentalism and to current research that is being done to not just slow climate change but to also counteract the cause and the effect of this global environmental issue.
Make sure to watch the following then answer the questions:
This country isn’t just carbon neutral — it’s carbon negative | Tshering Tobgay (Links to an external site.)
Geoengineering May Be the Answer to Climate Change (Links to an external site.)
Geoengineering May Be the Answer to Climate Change
Explain 3 ways that Bhutan differs from all other countries and how this influences their efforts in environmentalism. In your explanation make sure to also discuss policies put forward to increase environmental integrity. Discuss policies that Bhutan has that would and would not be effective in the United States and explain your reasoning. (10 points; 400 words or more)
In the Vice documentary on geoengineering, explain why geoengineering is being considered and state some of the evidence for ongoing effects of climate change mentioned in the documentary. Explain 4 different types of geoengineering explored in this documentary. Specifically explain what they are doing, how their methods mitigate climate change, and describe some of the environmental costs of instituting some of these geoengineering methods. (10 pointcixs; 400 words or more)
- Identify sources of original data or declare that there are no data that would help you to answer this research question
- 532 Pamplet/handout
- 540 Policy Brief
- Critically review the article. Analyze the evidence. Was the research presented in the article objective or bias?
- Medical Misdiagnosis
- What did Nadella bring in terms of his own background (professional and personal) that helped him to be successful in stepping into the CEO role?
- Circular Economy in Yachting Industry
- Personal Essay- Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Reconfiguring managerial strategies through the lens of sustainable development in Romanian companies.
- Leadership Through Film