ESSAY – Research Paper Proposal (600 words)
Zora Neale Hurston, Sweat
What goes into Essay?
1. A 600 word (1-2 pages, double spaced) minimum write-up describing your idea for
your research essay and explainingin detailwhat examples from your chosen short story
you intend to analyze in your research essay. Which short story will you choose and why?
Identify some themes that are of interest to you. Also, which perspective (historical, gender,
or postcolonial etc.) What examples (evidence) from your literary work will you use
to support your idea?
– Put the word count at the end of your write-up.
2. An annotated bibliography with at least three MLA cited academic sources about your
chosen story. After each citation, provide a 4-5 sentence description of the main topic of this source and
how it can support your essay idea.
Acceptable research sources are books, and scholarly/academic articles: see attached files
Kerry Powers, Peter. Gods of Physical Violence, Stopping at Nothing: Masculinity, Religion, and Art in the Work of Zora Neale Hurston. Religion and American Culture: A Journal of Interpretation, vol. 12, no. 2, 2002, pp. 22947. JSTOR, https://doi.org/10.1525/rac.2002.12.2.229. Accessed 30 Nov. 2022.
Carter, Catherine. “The God in the snake, the devil in the Phallus: biblical revision and radical
conservatism in Hurston’s ‘Sweat’.” The Mississippi Quarterly, vol. 67, no. 4, fall 2014, pp. 605+.
Gale Literature Resource Center, link.gale.com/apps/doc/A471474632/GLS?
u=cuny_laguardia&sid=bookmark-GLS&xid=7d05196a. Accessed 30 Nov. 2022.
Hurston, Zora Neale. “Sweat.” The Oxford Book of American Short Stories, edited by Joyce Carol Oates, Oxford UP, 1992, p. 352.
Gale Literature: LitFinder, link.gale.com/apps/doc/LTF0000325990WK/GLS?u=cuny_laguardia&sid=bookmark GLS&xid=895de84f. Accessed 29 Nov. 2022.
Gale Document Number: GALE|LTF0000325990WK
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the global financial market or in various countries.
- Discuss the implications these laws and/or regulations have on the business environment.
- Does the number of lies Stephanie Ericsson outlines in The Ways We Lie help or hurt her argument?
- Explain how the conversation change when discerning between acute vs chronic pain?
- Write a report on “business/ credit cycle” based from these two videos : Fear the boom and bust: Keynes vs Hayek and Friedrick Hayek The Road to Serfdom (Episode #139).
- Identify the typical Western Hero Archetype and then explain how your selected Eastern Hero differs from the typical Western Hero Archetype.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Integrated Evidence-Based Practice
- Write a program for NASA that will determine if the weather conditions are favorable for launch of a new rocket. It should ask the user for the sustained wind speed and the current daily temperature. If the wind speed is above 30 mph or if the daily temperature is below 41 degrees F, then output that the launch must be aborted. Otherwise, output that the rocket is go for launch! Save the program as RocketLaunch.java.
- Compare and Contrast American, European, and Japanese Approaches to Quality Management