ACME’s executive leadership has come to Mary with a request to hire 10 new employees for Research & Development, with the condition that she discharge two employees – Bill and Susie. The 10 new employees need to have at least a Bachelor’s degree in the field and have at least three years of Research & Development experience. The executive leadership sees the newer generation as the real “go-getters” and so instruct you to only hire from Generation Y.
Bill, an employee for 10 years, is a 43-year old white male with a Bachelor’s degree in the field. Bill began with the company when he was 33 and has worked his way up to a Tier 2 production manager who oversees seven employees; his annual salary is $60,000. Bill has not incurred any complaints from those he supervises and his performance evaluations for the last 10 years have been in the range of 3.7 to 4.2 (out of 5.0).
Susie began with the company one year ago. She is a 35-year old Native American female with a Master’s degree in the field. She is pregnant with her first child and is in her third trimester; she has encountered quite a bit of sick leave due to her pregnancy. Susie is not a supervisor, has an hourly salary of $25.00 per hour, and works 30 hours per week. She has had one performance evaluation with a score of 3.5; there have been no complaints against Susie.
For this project assignment on ACME Company, Inc. complete a minimum of four pages that addresses the following concepts:
The legal issues (if any) the company faces with the 10 new hires. If you find no legal issues, explain.
The legal issues (if any) of discharging Bill and/or Susie. If you find no legal issues, explain.
Your recommendation to the executive leadership for the proper hiring of the 10 new hires. Explain.
Your recommendation as to the termination of Bill and/or Susie. Explain.
- Beauty comes in all forms. It is a social idea, a point of view. Research ” beauty” in different time periods and/ or different cultures and analyze why these constructs were or are considered beautiful, decipher reasons. Identify the time period with historical or cultural context.
- After you have watched the videos, choose one of the three companies. In a double-spaced MS Word document (400-600 words), explain how the company you chose strategizes to increase sales by leveraging each link in the Service-Profit Chain. What sales and sevice model(s) do they utlize? Use what you have learned in your course materials, the videos, and any additional research you conduct. Remember to cite your resources using in-text citations and provide a reference list.
- The elements of Use Case diagram include actors, use cases, subject boundaries, and a set of relationships among actors which may include extends and generalization.
- Inasmuch as the US GPS system is daily linked to private and public enterprises, should it be specifically designated as part of our country’s infrastructure? Why or why not? (Provide your reasoning). If you believe that it should, how should it be controlled? (provide your reasoning)
- Review the tsunami basics video included in the previous module to understand the signs of an approaching tsunami.
- How do sexual and gender biases impact the delivery of social services (include health care) to your clients? Based on what you read in the units resources and your experience to date, what do you believe is a successful strategy for dealing with such biases?
- Control of Global Business
- Think about what you have read in the units resources. Identify 1 common theme about social work practice from an international perspective that is important to you as a social worker.
- Determine topic and search for resources – do not finalize that topic until you’ve found at least four strong, academic, sources. Two resources to consider as a place to get started are:
- To what degree are the organization’s strategic and operational decisions affected by conflict and politics?