Technology and media can be viewed as botha blessing and a curse when it comes to raising and educating children.While there are many positive influences that technology and media have brought to education, there are drawbacks as well.Another important influence is a childs cultural background,which tends to impact the way a child participates in learning.In this assignment, you will do a deep dive into the effects,both positive and negative, that technology, media,and culture have on the major domains of child development.
Imagine youre an instructional coach in a pre-K through 8th-grade school district. Youve been asked by the head of curriculum to create a presentation to deliver during a teacher institute day.
Create a 10- to 12-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes that addresses the influence of technology,media,and culture on the following domains of child development:
Note: You do not need to create audio for this presentation. The detailed speaker notes will be your script for the presentation.
Address the following ages for each influence and domain of development:
Include the following elements in your presentation:
Slide style that complements content
Optional: videos, audio clips, or external links
Submit your assignment.
College of Education Central
Center for Writing Excellence
Reference and Citation Generator
- Describe the strategic approach of the United States to terrorism in Africa and explain the threat to the United States from terrorists recruited by Al Shabaab.
- What are the potential consequences for ignoring emergent strategies?
- If you have celiac disease or know of someone who does, how does going gluten-free affect their lives?
- What do Edward Belamy and Henry George have to say about the possibility of changing industrialized societies without revolution?
- What did Kipling say in the poem, The White Mans Burden?
- Discuss how the field of Speech Language Pathology can be incorporated within Academic success (written oral communication of literacy across the curriculum) and Cultural diversity (Bilingualism English language learners).
- Are there differences between these terms, or are they synonymous?
- What is the difference between real or physical evidence and testimonial evidence?
- Write an essay that identifies–and presents a reasonable, well-developed solution for–some type of problem related to technology.
- What aspect of family psychology interests you?