I happen to know a professor who is raising her child gender-free, so to speak (the child is now old enough to know their sex, but is told that sex is irrelevant other than as it pertains to biological functions).There are actually many people raising children this way. No one–except for the obvious people such as day care providers, relatives, and her husband–knows the child’s sex, with the exception of a few of her close friends who have pretty much figured it out to due pronoun slip-ups here and there. We can’t tell from his/her name. We can’t tell from his/her clothes or photos she posts on Facebook. We can’t tell from the toys he/she plays with or the activities in which/he or she is involved.
1. The first part of your assignment is to read the following link and summarize it: https://www.forbes.com/sites/helenthomson/2017/10/30/10-science-backed-tips-for-bringing-up-your-child-gender-neutral/#a8943be98b80. IF YOU CANNOT OPEN THE LINK, COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER.
2. The second part of your assignment is to discuss what do you think of this parenting style. What do you think about parents, like this professor (and her husband), who are raising gender-neutral children? Be sure to use the terms Sex, Gender, Gender Dichotomy, and Gender Transgression in your response in MEANGFUL WAYS and underline each term. You need to contextualize these terms so well that it is clear to Dr. Chapman (your IA) and me that you know exactly what they mean. If we cannot tell that you know what they mean, we cannot give you credit for them. Here’s a tip: Pretend that the person reading your post doesn’t know anything about sociology or gender. Each term NOT properly used will lead to 10 points deducted.
- Amazon’s Marketing Problems Recommendations
- Military Mishaps and CRM
- Managers encounter workplace situations that challenge their ethical decision-making and social responsibilities. Managers’ unethical behaviors or decisions have made news headlines, as they are obligated to make ethical decisions on behalf of their organizations.
- Identify which concept from the list will serve you most in your managerial role and detail how you will use what you learned
- An organizational structure differs from one business to another. According to Robbins and Coulter (1), organizations can have the following types of structures
- Southwest Airlines Company’s Financial Analysis
- Can you please write about the importance of workforce diversity and equality, and the wage gap, connecting to the subtopics from the attachment? Please and thank you!
- What were some of the concepts that made you curious or prompted you to look at the relationship between business and society differently?
- Discuss your thoughts about what you learned and something you felt was useful in your clinical.
- In your opinion, what is one of the most pressing and significant concerns facing communities today that a business might have a responsibility to consider?