Apply your knowledge of theory and research in the area you’ve chosen by writing a study proposal and providing a detailed summary outline of the research plan.
As you work on your Study Applications assessment and propose a study plan, you’ll also learn about how our body affects our cognitive behaviors. A controversy that is critical to a biological understanding of intelligence is whether intelligence is a single capability or a collection of several independent abilities. You’ll also look at biology and mental health, and the connection between our body and our emotional health.
Now you’ve built a strong literature review, synthesizing the current literature and theory on your chosen topic, you have the foundation to put together a well-supported research proposal.
For your study proposal assessment, you will apply knowledge of theory and research in the study of biological psychology by writing a study proposal and providing a detailed summary outline of the research plan. This topic should be of your choosing and builds on the information you identified on research methods currently used in the field, which you completed in your Literature Review assessment.
For this assessment, propose a study plan in which you will research the hypothesis for a research problem of your choosing, relevant to biological psychology. Format your paper using the following headings, as well as the APA Paper Template [DOCX]:
Introduce your topic.
State the hypothesis.
State the problem that underlies the topic for your research proposal.
Evaluate the biological psychological concepts underlying your research proposal.
Provide an effective literature review of other studies done on the same research problem. This section may include information obtained in your Theories and Ethics paper. Incorporate instructor feedback you received from the Literature Review assessment.
Importance or Implications to Biological Psychology:
Discuss the importance or implications of this research problem to biological psychology.
Discuss the research method and design chosen for your proposed study from the four identified in Chapter 4 of Brain and Behavior: An Introduction to Behavioral Neuroscience.
Clarify a rationale for the research method chosen to be used in this study.
State the hypothesis your study plan is designed to test and any questions that will guide your research plan.
Describe how the validity of the research will be ensured.
Discuss the necessary criteria to ensure the study will be conducted safely and ethically.
Summarize your study plan and rationale for the chosen method and design.
Number of Resources: Minimum number of 1015 peer-reviewed journal articles.
Length: 1015 pages.
Format: Formatted as shown in the APA Paper Template [DOCX]. Use current APA style and formatting.
- What are some considerations for substance abuse treatment with older adult populations?
- Discuss copyright law Amendments in Africa : A comparative study of fair use provisions.
- Examine the key factors related to retirement.
- Write a Research on content production and dissemination mechanisms in the digital media era
- Write an essay Exploring the efficacy of mindfulness based interventions in reducing burnout among nursing staff.
- Discuss Truman Doctrine With the Homo bureacraticus decision-making model.
- Can you think of anything that could have made the experience better for the patient and/or family?
- What other options could the IC have implemented to establish a water supply to support the fire flow for this incident?
- Create a 3-5 page submission in congestive heart failure.