Module 4: Epidemiology
Watch this YouTube Video to help you better understand the Core Determinants of Health: https://youtu.be/5Lul6KNIw_8
Assignment 4 – Epidemiology Essay
Write a scholarly paper in which you apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease. Choose one communicable disease
1. A thorough description of the disease including causes, mode of transmission, symptoms, treatment, and complications.
2. Discuss the demographic most affected-incidence, prevalence, morbidity, and mortality.
3. What are the determinants of health affecting this disease? https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/about/foundation-health-measures/Determinants-of-Health.
4. Identify the epidemiologic triad including the host, agent, and environmental factors as related to this disease.
5. Discuss the role of the public health nurse in relation to this disease. How is the public health nurse involved in finding, reporting, collecting, and analysis of data and follow-up?
Length: The written essay should be at least 1250 words in length and a maximum of 1800 words.
Structure: Be sure to write a strong introductory paragraph that includes what this assignment is about and include a conclusion to maximize your points. APA format is required.
References: A minimum of three scholarly references is required.
Do NOT include LONG quotes – keep your Turnitin score around 20-22%
Direct quotes CANNOT be more than 8 words!
This is due by midnight Monday PST, the last day of Moducixle 4 for this Course.
(please follow professor’s instructions)
- Medical Misdiagnosis
- What did Nadella bring in terms of his own background (professional and personal) that helped him to be successful in stepping into the CEO role?
- Circular Economy in Yachting Industry
- Personal Essay- Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Reconfiguring managerial strategies through the lens of sustainable development in Romanian companies.
- Leadership Through Film
- Developing an Implementation Plan
- Healthcare professionals would be thrilled if individuals made decisions about what to eat based on a solid knowledge of what constitutes a “healthy diet.” Unfortunately, that is not typically the case. Many people do not know what constitutes a healthy diet. There are also those who do know but make less healthy choices for several reasons.
- Week 6 Discussion – Spiritual Leadership
- Responding to the instructor WEEK 6 NR-505