Module 4: Epidemiology
Watch this YouTube Video to help you better understand the Core Determinants of Health: https://youtu.be/5Lul6KNIw_8
Assignment 4 – Epidemiology Essay
Write a scholarly paper in which you apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease. Choose one communicable disease
1. A thorough description of the disease including causes, mode of transmission, symptoms, treatment, and complications.
2. Discuss the demographic most affected-incidence, prevalence, morbidity, and mortality.
3. What are the determinants of health affecting this disease? https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/about/foundation-health-measures/Determinants-of-Health.
4. Identify the epidemiologic triad including the host, agent, and environmental factors as related to this disease.
5. Discuss the role of the public health nurse in relation to this disease. How is the public health nurse involved in finding, reporting, collecting, and analysis of data and follow-up?
Length: The written essay should be at least 1250 words in length and a maximum of 1800 words.
Structure: Be sure to write a strong introductory paragraph that includes what this assignment is about and include a conclusion to maximize your points. APA format is required.
References: A minimum of three scholarly references is required.
Do NOT include LONG quotes – keep your Turnitin score around 20-22%
Direct quotes CANNOT be more than 8 words!
This is due by midnight Monday PST, the last day of Moducixle 4 for this Course.
(please follow professor’s instructions)
- Non-Traditional Scholar Award
- Mentorship Award Scholarship
- Early Intervention
- IMPACT OF TRAUMA
- Progress Report
- Software Maturity Model Five Stages
- In To Kill a Mockingbird, how do monsters expose cultural oppression?
- Who should participate in end-of-life decisions? give at least 3 examples and why you believe that they should be involved.
- Predicting Suicide
- 5-10 min podcast with images of a health problem in your neighborhood