Question Set 1
Read through chapter 2 and identify at least two of the narratives of unwed mothers.
1. Citing the pages and testimonies, and giving examples, discuss some of the hardships and consequences faced by unmarried mothers in the Jim Crow South.
2. Why, do you think, would these circumstances have been so much more difficult to bear for unmarried black mothers as opposed to unmarried white mothers (who no doubt also faced stigmatization and outcast within their own communities)?
Question Set 2. Re-read the narratives of Margaret Sampson Rogers (pp. 7074) and Julie Wells (pp. 7478).
1. Citing from these two narratives, using examples, describe some of the prejudices about skin color and women’s appearances that existed within the African-American community.
2. How did this affect girls and women of darker skin? How did this affect girls and women of lighter skin?
Question Set 3. As background, read the relevant chapters sections 17.5, 21.3, and 23.1 of OpenStax US History, particularly those segments discussing the experience of Mexicans, Mexican-Americans, and US-Mexico relations in turn-of-the-century America. To answer the questions below, read closely the primary source documents Mexicans in the US in the 1920s, Documents AF (192029) assigned for Unit 2.
Referring to Documents D, E, & F:
1. What role do you believe race played in nativist attitudes towards Mexicans? How was race understood in the 1920s? Explain with evidence from the documents.
2. Referring to Document F, from the Richmond Planet, who might the masked men have been? What does this article tell us about the tactics the masked men used? Were they effective?
3. Based on these documents, were Mexicans welcome in the U.S. in the 1920s. If so, under what conditions? If no, why not? What evidence from Documents D, E, and F support these claims?
* Min. 150 words (total per each set), providing specific examples using quotes and citations from the text, using MLA in-line citations. Please also number your responses to correspond to the questions asked. NOTE: I WILL NOT GRADE RESPONSES THAT DO NOT PROPERLY QUOTE AND CITE FROM THE TEXT(S), DO NOT MEET THE MIN. WORD COUNT, OR ARE NOT NUMBERED TO CORRESPOND TO THE QUESTIONS ASKED.
** Living With Jim Crow Chapter 2. – see the file attached.
** Openstax History online book
**Mexicans in the US in the 1920s, Documents AF (192029) – see the file attached.
- Explore different nuances of the subculture chosen primarily with regard to its application for a marketer.
- Describe the current and past trends of global biodiversity decline.
- Review the research article assigned and carefully follow the instructions below. Analysis should be in APA formatting double-spaced with at least four supporting chapter/book/outside source citations. Attach your article review as a Word document in the discussion section of the course.
- Beginning in the 1970s, conservative Republicans like President Ronald Reagan, with the support of much of the business community, were able to redirect economic policy away from the liberal-influenced agenda that had shaped the US economy and American society since the Second World War.
- ESSAY – Research Paper Proposal
- Identify the level of stasis (where you disagree with your intended audience) and your audience.
- Write a document describing your topic and providing its clinical relevance from your perspective as a Respiratory Therapist.
- Appellate Brief
- Introduce the research issue and the related Information system topic. Present background of your topic. Why is this issue important? How do you intent to approach this paper? (Note: this is from the proposal and include approaches from other resources. What are implications/impacts to society/business? To you?
- This is a group assignment about a company on Kickstarter called DOCA: SMART MOUSE & CONSOLE. My part of the question is Place – where will this product be sold? How will it be accessible to the consumer? Again, you’re only doing the Place question.