Discuss nation-states in the world today, and different types of political institutions are spread among them. What do we know about them? What can political scientists observe about them? Its challenging to study political systems outside of our own lived experience; indeed, its challenging to study American politics and government on their own. The subdiscipline of comparative politics provides political scientists with tools to understand different political systems by making comparisons or doing deep investigations into single countries.
My training is in comparative politics with an emphasis on Latin America and a specialty in post-1910 Revolutionary Mexican politics. Though I dont conduct research in political science, I have benefited from my training in teaching about American and Texas politics. Comparative politics opens our eyes to both similarities and differences observable in political systems, so we must be prepared to find out that some of what we believe to be true may, in fact, be wrong. Our observations and evidence based on rigorously defined research have to speak to us; we must not superimpose our preferences or experiences on our research.
Describe the map you reviewed and your main takeaways (what struck you as most important?)
In what ways does knowing this information alter or amplify what you previously knew?
What more information would you like to know now?
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the global financial market or in various countries.
- Discuss the implications these laws and/or regulations have on the business environment.
- Does the number of lies Stephanie Ericsson outlines in The Ways We Lie help or hurt her argument?
- Explain how the conversation change when discerning between acute vs chronic pain?
- Write a report on “business/ credit cycle” based from these two videos : Fear the boom and bust: Keynes vs Hayek and Friedrick Hayek The Road to Serfdom (Episode #139).
- Identify the typical Western Hero Archetype and then explain how your selected Eastern Hero differs from the typical Western Hero Archetype.
- Describe your plan for knowledge transfer of this change, including knowledge creation, dissemination, and organizational adoption and implementation.
- Integrated Evidence-Based Practice
- Write a program for NASA that will determine if the weather conditions are favorable for launch of a new rocket. It should ask the user for the sustained wind speed and the current daily temperature. If the wind speed is above 30 mph or if the daily temperature is below 41 degrees F, then output that the launch must be aborted. Otherwise, output that the rocket is go for launch! Save the program as RocketLaunch.java.
- Compare and Contrast American, European, and Japanese Approaches to Quality Management