To improve individual health and build healthy communities, providers need to recognize and address the unique culture, language, and health literacy of diverse consumers and communities. As advanced practice nurses, we must be knowledgeable but also culturally savvy and understand the nuances of the populations that we serve. National Institutes of Health: Cultural Respect: https://www.nih.gov/institutes-nih/nih-office-director/office-communications-public-liaison/clear-communication/cultural-respect Health Resources and Services Administration: Cultural Language and Health Literacy:
https://www.hrsa.gov/about/organization/bureaus/ohe/health-literacy/culture-language-and-health-literacy Effective Communication Tools 2016 (YouTube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nGbjrlyiE8 Effective Communication Tools 2016 (YouTube) video transcriipt Initial Post For this discussion, the textbook readings and articles assigned for this week should also help you to identify a vulnerable population in your own community.
Describe the characteristics of this group—what makes them vulnerable—and utilize at least three scholarly resources to answer ONE of the following questions for your initial post. Paraphrase concepts/theories specific to healthcare disparities as related to vulnerability; provide at least three applications of concepts/theories that could be implemented within your community. As an APRN, how can you advocate for this identified vulnerable population within your community? Discuss at least three ways in which you can advocate. How does what you learned about your own cultural competency affect how you might approach your role as an advocate?
Did you find that you had bias? Were you aware of your bias prior to this exercise? As an APRN, how will you strive to be culturally competent and respectful to those you serve?
List and discuss at least three behaviors/characteristics of a culturally competent and respectful APRN. Note: Evaluate your APA proficiency and make sure you address each of the required elements for this discussion. Utilizing headings for each aspect of the question is a great way to know that you covered the elements of the question. As you continue to move through this course and our program, expectations related to APA, grammar, professional writing, and assessment instructions will encourage you to stretch and push yourself, ensuring you are producing graduate-level academic work you can be proud of.
- Compose a research paper that examines the juvenile justice system.
- Write a research paper addressing the topic of how managers effectively and efficiently use organisational resources to meet organisational objectives.
- Write a paper on the use of clinical reasoning in developing and applying advanced health history and physical assessment skills at the graduate level.
- Write a research paper that explores the relationship between cultural and emotional intelligence and interpersonal communication.
- Explain and summarise the relationship between critical pedagogy and diversity-related issues with the current educational system.
- What three terms best characterise your leadership style? is a topic for a research study.
- What are the main differences between Arizona constitutions and the U.S. Constitution?
- What did the Lending Club or similar P2P lending platforms do to make it easier to attract borrowers and investors?
- Write a research paper on What are the steps in the infection process?
- Write a research paper on how you plan to improve as a learner-centered classroom facilitator.