Analyze reasons for income inequality by evaluating past and current economic and public policies of the United States.
Research and examine primary and secondary sources for data that describes the causes and effects of income inequality in the United States.
Write a five-paragraph essay complete with a thesis statement, three supporting paragraphs, and a summary.
Please keep in mind that there are no assignments to be turned in for this particular activity. The information below is for informational purposes.
In this project, you will write a five-paragraph essay discussing income inequality in the United States. Consider the reasons for income inequality:
education, which enables those who are better-educated to get higher-paying jobs
wealth, which gives the wealthy educational advantages, business opportunities, and income from investments
discrimination, which favors men over women and white Americans over minorities
ability, which explains discrepancies between highly paid actors or athletes and those not as successful in those high-paying professions
monopoly power, which enables certain groups of workers to demand higher wages because there are a limited number of people available for particular jobs
Research the issues you want to include in your essay. In this writing project, you will explore the writing process, how to generate ideas, identifying and writing for your audience, and putting your ideas in order. Finally, you’ll write and make changes to your draft befocixre submitting your final project.
- Explain how shaving 5% off the estimated direct labor-hours in the base for the predetermined overhead rate usually results in a big boost in net operating income at the end of the fiscal year.
- Write about South Africa’s withdrawal from the Commonwealth upon becoming a republic in 1961.
- Explain how your experience coming from a low income household helped has shape who you are?
- Write about union formation, labour strikes and collective bargaining as all three are related to the general theme/topic of trade unionism.
- Identify the link between media and risk perception using a mix method of research having face to face interviews and sent out a questionnaire, the literature review is vital for success.
- Explain the appearance of any damsels in distress, heroes, or romancewhat purpose does this element serve?
- Discuss offenders focus of interests, the type of relationship he makes with the target (i.e., with the victim), the offenders thinking process in terms of what he uses to select the circumstances of the offense, the risks factored into the account (i.e., risks he accepts before committing those crimes).
- What are some ways in which you can avoid these health problems by accurately responding to a stressful situation?
- Provide your position on disaster diplomacy and if it can be applied to real-world situations. Is this a realistic concept or idealistic wishful thinking that, at best, produces only temporary, transitory benefits?
- Analyze the roles and goals of drug courts, including discussion of the history of the courts and Judge Jeffrey Taubers role. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of these specialized courts.