Topic: Happiness in Difficult Times
Background. In every film we are watching this semester, characters are going through difficulties. At the center of drama is conflict of some form, so it is natural that as we watch films, whether dramatic or comedic, there are problems. While most are not of the severe nature Precious experienced, they still are not easy, and require some transformation or understanding to transcend. And they do at the end.
Assignment. Write a 5 page essay about happiness while dealing with a specific problem, for example loss of a loved one, illness, loss of a job, poverty, depression, etc.
(1) Discuss 5 films from the semester's assigned films. Analyze the characters, their circumstances, and how they transcended their difficulties to achieve happiness. Do not do plot summary, since we all know what happens in these films. Focus on going deeper into what happens and the significance for the topic.
(2) Discuss relevant course documents (not Notes or Films). There is no set number for relevant course documents, whatever you feel connects with your subject and helps develop it.
(3) Discuss 5 external academic documents that you have researched and consider relevant. Again, the emphasis is on academic material. This is the meat and potatoes of your paper, material outside the course, of a more specific nature that relates to your paper. Focus on academic research. Use the Lehman virtual library for good databases, such as Academic Search Premier. You can use Google Scholar (but be careful many of the source ask for money).
The paper should be in MLA format with a Works Cited section that is also in MLA format. Make sure that the paper has internal documentation for all sources (see MLA sample).
The thesis that i uses was this one if you want to use
- Compare and contrast the difference between laptops and desktop computers.
- Describe the most challenging obstacle you have had to overcome or a risk that you have taken and explain its impact (positive or negative) on you and what you have learned from the experience.
- Explain the difference between the common misconception of the term negative reinforcement and how the science of behavior analysis defines it.
- Write a review on why the legalization of marijuana in several states is forcing many police leaders to modify their views and practices regarding its use.
- Does doing homework actually help students learn more?
- Write a research paper on playground bullying and its effects on young children.
- Write a paper that are able to manage the risks presented when balancing individual rights and professional duty of care.
- What can you learn from this primary source about German attitudes towards violence and warfare, and/or the plight of the Nazis perceived enemies?
- Describe both the state and federal court system and explain the benefits of having a dual-court system in America?
- Describe demographic characteristics for your community or state in terms of demographic makeup, ethnicity, and illness and health status.