Describe cross-cultural perspectives on a complex global issue
Describe the water crisis and the actions local and global organizations are taking to address it.
Describe the effect of the water crisis on countries and cultures around the world. Also, describe whether this has caused inequality or discrimination in these countries.
Describe the role of governmental and non-governmental organizations in addressing the water crisis around the world.
Discuss how the media portrays this complex global issue.
Read the articles in the Supporting Materials section and the Learning Resources to learn more about the water crisis. While conducting research, keep the following questions in mind:
How are cultural perspectives and facts presented?
Does socioeconomic status or income play a role in access to safe, reliable water sources?
Do gender, race, age, status, and other factors play a role in access to safe, reliable water sources?
Do different members of society play bigger roles in water collection or access than others?
How are governments organized in the regions affected by this crisis? Does this type of organization affect water management?
Does culture play a role in how water management decisions are made?
What issue(s) may have led to the water crisis in these regions? For example poorly managed supplies, pollution, agriculture, and population growth.
What sources did you use to gather this information?
What to Submit
Every project has a deliverable or deliverables, which are the files that must be submitted before your project can be assessed. For this project, you must submit the following:
- Compare and contrast the difference between laptops and desktop computers.
- Describe the most challenging obstacle you have had to overcome or a risk that you have taken and explain its impact (positive or negative) on you and what you have learned from the experience.
- Explain the difference between the common misconception of the term negative reinforcement and how the science of behavior analysis defines it.
- Write a review on why the legalization of marijuana in several states is forcing many police leaders to modify their views and practices regarding its use.
- Does doing homework actually help students learn more?
- Write a research paper on playground bullying and its effects on young children.
- Write a paper that are able to manage the risks presented when balancing individual rights and professional duty of care.
- What can you learn from this primary source about German attitudes towards violence and warfare, and/or the plight of the Nazis perceived enemies?
- Describe both the state and federal court system and explain the benefits of having a dual-court system in America?
- Describe demographic characteristics for your community or state in terms of demographic makeup, ethnicity, and illness and health status.