Theories are derived from conceptual models and are comprised of concepts and propositions. The only concepts that are common to all nursing theories, in some shape or form, are patient, nurse, health, and environment. These are sometimes referred to as the basic metaparadigms of the nursing domain.
Describe the four metaparadigms: patient, nurse, health and environment. Cite the sources you use.
Choose a middle – range theory that finds practical application to your current area of clinical nursing practice, briefly describe the theory, and explain why you find this theory appropriate for your area of clinical practice
- Describe the strategic approach of the United States to terrorism in Africa and explain the threat to the United States from terrorists recruited by Al Shabaab.
- What are the potential consequences for ignoring emergent strategies?
- If you have celiac disease or know of someone who does, how does going gluten-free affect their lives?
- What do Edward Belamy and Henry George have to say about the possibility of changing industrialized societies without revolution?
- What did Kipling say in the poem, The White Mans Burden?
- Discuss how the field of Speech Language Pathology can be incorporated within Academic success (written oral communication of literacy across the curriculum) and Cultural diversity (Bilingualism English language learners).
- Are there differences between these terms, or are they synonymous?
- What is the difference between real or physical evidence and testimonial evidence?
- Write an essay that identifies–and presents a reasonable, well-developed solution for–some type of problem related to technology.
- What aspect of family psychology interests you?