In your presentation, do the following:
Describe the cultural psychology of Central and South America (including key figures, central concerns, mental health issues that often arise within that region, potential stereotypes and discrimination that may occur, and theoretical conflicts) using the following article: Sosa, J. J. S., & Valderrama-Iturbe, P. (2001). Psychology in Latin America: Historical reflections and perspectives. International Journal of Psychology, 36(6), 384394.
Compare and evaluate the cultural influences that affected the development of two systems of psychological ideasone system being Western culture and the other system representing your selected region. What similarities exist? For example, how does addiction manifest similarly in these cultures?
Contrast and evaluate the cultural influences that affected the development of two systems of psychological ideas. What differences exist? For example, are members from the selected region typically more or less likely to seek mental health treatment relative to members of Western culture?
Support your analysis with scholarly articles.
- Compare and contrast the difference between laptops and desktop computers.
- Describe the most challenging obstacle you have had to overcome or a risk that you have taken and explain its impact (positive or negative) on you and what you have learned from the experience.
- Explain the difference between the common misconception of the term negative reinforcement and how the science of behavior analysis defines it.
- Write a review on why the legalization of marijuana in several states is forcing many police leaders to modify their views and practices regarding its use.
- Does doing homework actually help students learn more?
- Write a research paper on playground bullying and its effects on young children.
- Write a paper that are able to manage the risks presented when balancing individual rights and professional duty of care.
- What can you learn from this primary source about German attitudes towards violence and warfare, and/or the plight of the Nazis perceived enemies?
- Describe both the state and federal court system and explain the benefits of having a dual-court system in America?
- Describe demographic characteristics for your community or state in terms of demographic makeup, ethnicity, and illness and health status.