Marketing Unit 6
Describe market segmentation and target marketing in a case scenario.
Using the information on the target market you learned from reading Chapters 6 and 8 in your text, original research on the Internet, and the various Learning Activities provided, read the scenario and respond to the checklist items in a business memo format.
Case Scenario: The product is a portable multimedia center, to be marketed in the U.S., called Media Popup and made by the startup company Porttron, Inc. The multimedia center is a glossy compact 1012 entertainment box. It includes a screen with optional additional screen extension that pops out of the right side; a computer keyboard that folds down; four surround-sound mini-speakers that can be adhered to any hard surface with the stick strips at the back of each speaker; and a subscription to streamed movies, music, and videos for 2 years all for $499. It is available in three different colors (black, silver, and white).
Business Memo: You are a marketing assistant at Porttron, Inc. tasked with providing a business memo (i.e., an internal company document) to the U.S. executive management team of Porttron, Inc. concerning the checklist items provided below.
Write a minimum 500-word original business memo. In a concise manner, describe to executive management the data you will analyze to determine a potential market for this product. State your purpose in the opening paragraph and provide sufficient information to explain the required items. Finally, provide a concluding paragraph to summarize your suggestions.
Identify either a consumer or business market.
Describes a minimum of four (4) bases each for segmenting the market for at least one market (see Chapter 8).
Identify four (4) segmentation descriptors (e.g., if a company chose usage-rate segmentation they might decide between heavy and light users).
Explain your rationale for the four (4) segmentation descriptors for at least one market.
Describe a minimum of 4 factors of the target market.
Identify a marketing mix (product, place, promotion, price) for the product.
In a minimum of 2 pages (500 words) in a Microsoft Word document, write the business memo using the current APA format and citation style (see Unit 1 reading area for APA assistance).
Access the Assignment grading rubric located in the Course Resources area.
- If you were a researher, what population would you like to study?
- Which era was the most significant in terms of scientific and intellectual achievement and why?
- Discuss The Benefits of Therapy Animal Use in Healthcare.
- Explain how you believe the courts decision played a role in policy changes.
- Write a formal persuasive e-mail to a community leader to address a social concern.
- Discuss related challenges faced by social workers who serve the identified special population and its related field of practice.
- Explain and evaluate the article based on the criteria of clearness and the scientific method, as discussed in lectures.
- To what degree or under what circumstances should an individual rebel against, rather than conform to, society?
- Discuss about organizational design using strategic management principles.
- Describe the “reality contract” of a film or scripted TV series (not a “reality show” or news documentary) of your choice.