Mostly use class presentations. (attached below)
Review questions for process synchronization:
(1) Explain in a paragraph what synchronization is and why we need it. Include a brief description of the producer-consumer problem.
(2) What is a critical section? Describe an example.
(3) Can you think of your own example of a deadlock (other than OS), and explain how you would solve it?
(4) What is a race condition? Give a real-world example. Describe how a race condition is possible and what might be done to prevent the race condition from occurring.
(5) What is the meaning of the term busy waiting? What other kinds of waiting are there in an operating system? Can busy waiting be avoided? Explain your answer.
- Select an article from a web site, book, newspaper, magazine, or journal. Imagine that you are delivering an evaluation to the author.
- The methodology section is one of the core components of the grant. This section is concerned with addressing the question: How will you carry out the project?
- CT5 class 1 – Option #1: Income Statement and Balance Sheet Presentation
- CT 3 – Class 1 – Breakeven Executive Summary
- Deaths due to opioid/heroin overdoses have increased dramatically over the last decade.
- case study 7
- Final Paper on “Seven Myths of Native American History
- Review the information at the American Red Cross web site regarding Blood and Blood Needs at http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-facts-and-statistics. Post your comments about the information on this page that was new to you or surprised you. Post your thoughts of about 300 words by Friday. Respond to at least two classmates posts by Sunday. Remember to include your in-text citations and references – properly formatted!
- C.S. Lewis’ novel The Great Divorce.
- Describe an existing organization with which you have had personal experience and its objective(s).