The Board of Directors of a national Health Care System is considering which electronic health record (EHR) system to use and how to implement the EHR in all of its facilities. As a Health Care IT consultant, you will work with various team members at the corporate level to gather information and analyze the efficacy, safety/security/legal factors, cost effectiveness, and cost-benefit factors of two possible new systems to help them decide whether or not to implement one of them. You will also recommend a high-level implementation plan that considers system cutover and change management.
Define health information technology, health information systems, and health/medical informatics and eachs respective impact on healthcare. Next, examine the importance of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology. Afterward, define the meaning and importance of meaningful use? What are two advantages and two disadvantages of EHR? What are the barriers to implementing an EHR system? Analyze the impact of technology on health care services, health care outcomes, and cost.
4 peer reviewed sources. APA format
- Explain how strategic planning can provide a sense of direction and help in the development of measurable goals.
- What do you think about Native American civilization before European Contact?
- Write an essay answering: how would you describe life for the Native Americans before the arrival of the Europeans?
- Identify how the selected tools (individually) are of value and a challenge in the health care industry, inclusive of public health where applicable.
- Describe the four metaparadigms: patient, nurse, health and environment.
- Define a nursing practice area where you could apply Neuman Systems Model.
- What is the main claim of Gladwell’s Essay?
- Discuss two (2) patient education considerations related to the priority concept (topic).
- Describe the importance of the priority concept (topic) to professional practice.
- Discuss at least one (1) strategy in prevention of legal consequences related to the priority concept (topic) in professional practice.