View the instructions and example Data Collection Activity.docx
* Copy your Data Collection Activity directly into word.
* Write the title of your study in the subject line of your post.
Directions for the Data Collection Activity
Complete the activity by cutting and pasting the bolded components 1-8 below directly on word.
Decide on a name for your study and write it in the subject line of your post.
I have described what I expect for each component (see below) and included an example (in green,) do not use my example.
When you include your raw data, please do so horizontally separated by commas as I have done, to avoid excessive scrolling.
Be creative in how you collect data. You dont have to necessarily get it from people, maybe you will go to grocery stores and collect nutritional data, or you might be able to collect it online. have fun!
Required Activity Components
1. Description of the study: What is the purpose of your study, what are you trying to find out? Think it through and be specific. For example: My study is to try to find out the average amount of money that MXC students spend on text books including e-texts and class software by surveying 25 random MXC students.
2. Variable of interest: What is the measurement you are taking, in other words, what does each data piece represent? In the example above the variable of interest is: the amount of money each student spent on texts including e-texts and class software.
3. Population: What is the overall group you are studying? In the above example, it would be: the pertinent information from all MXC students. Keep in mind that you will need to keep your population rather narrow, its probably not realistic to do a study about people in the US because you would have to make sure to get information from all regions of the country.
4. Sample: What subgroup of the sample did you get the information from? In the above example, it would be- the pertinent information received from 25 random MXC students.
5. Data collection method: Explain how you collected your data and specify the method and how your data collection fir that method. For example, perhaps for the above example: I asked 5 instructors if they would administer the survey question to 5 random students in their class. This is an example of stratified sampling, each class is a strata and there was a random sample taken from each strata.
6. Measures I took to ensure a representative sample: In the above example, I might say: To ensure a representative sample I made sure to include both daytime and evening classes and various classes across the spectrum such as general education courses and health science courses.
7. Raw data: For the above example, it might look like this: Data is rounded to the nearest dollar:230, 543, 109, 476, 219, 72, 789, 111, 360, 967, 445, 301, 836, 281, 547, 682, 725, 370, 177, 265, 484, 638, 40, 279, 74
- Which strategy should business rely on more? Differentiation or Cost Leadership? Why? Use an example of a local business (can be more than one) to differentiate the two theories and explain weigh up the better option.
- Business Law Analysis pt 1
- 1. In which way did Bill Clinton create a budget surplus in the Federal budget? 2. If you were to remember Clinton’s Presidency, would you define it by scandals or economic stability? 3. What were the reasons George W Bush got America into the Iraq
- Choose one provision from the ANA Code of Ethics. How is ethical behavior an integral part of being a nurse leader? How does one communicate the characteristics of a role model with this provision? Do ethics influence the leadership style of the nurse leader?
- Discussion Response Supporting a Thesis Statement
- Nursing Dilemma
- Discuss three bases of individual power from the article (reward, legitimate, etc.) which you find in your workplace or other areas of your life.
- Consider how it makes your field more reliable, better analyses, detecting weaknesses and emergencies. You may give as many examples of math as you would like.
- Research paper on why there should be stricter gun control laws in the United States.
- APPLICATION ESSAY UNDER 200 WORDS