Criminal justice organizations must be able to grow and change to improve and to meet the needs of a changing society. Effective organizational management can help facilitate the change process. Managers in criminal justice have many responsibilities, including overseeing change management. The delicate balancing act of managing change in an organization requires effective communication to describe effective organizational management strategies. Once you can identify potential communication barriers and strategies to assess organizational change, you will be prepared to recommend evidence-based strategies for effective organizational change management.
Imagine you are a manager of an organization in the criminal justice system that is facing a major crisis and you have been tasked with developing effective strategies on how to address the needed changes.
Select a contemporary issue affecting one area of the criminal justice system. You may represent any kind of criminal justice organization that aligns with your career goals: law enforcement, courts, corrections, probation/parole, juveniles, etc. You will research the issue and report your findings to leaders from other departments and similar organizations.
Using effective organizational management strategies, write a 1,050- to 1,400-word report that drafts a plan for organizational change to share with other decision-making leaders. Describe to your fellow leaders how you plan to effectively implement the needed changes that address an issue in your organization. There is no specific format for the report as long as ideas are communicated clearly.
Your report should include the following information based on your research:
Identify the issue and why there is a need to implement organizational changes to your organization. Define a preferred change process strategy to deal with the issue.
Explain the handling of resistance to change. Identify key barriers to effective communication. Indicate the methods needed to improve communication regarding the needed changes.
Describe effective organizational management strategies that can be used to assess the changes after they are implemented. Explain how trust, conflict resolution, and negotiation influence the plan for organizational change.
Cite at least 2 peer-reviewed sources according to APA guidelines.
- Literary Analysis-The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time-Course Project Novel
- What are the health promotion strategies available to support parents and students to take up the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccine and what is the impact on the uptake of the vaccine?
- Discuss your devotion to your fitness plan. Do you think it is a plan you can do for a lifetime?
- Government Essay
- How appropriate and clear is the title of the article?
- English Paper on Understanding learning styles and how that relates to college students
- Select a text, author, or important concept that we have discussed in Pride and Prejudice; locate at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed article or book chapter, written since 2013. Analyze the authors main claims, the kinds of evidence they use to support those claims, how this article shapes your reading of the course text(s), and how it engages with other research and readings you have done to date.
- Complete a research paper that focuses on the district you attended in high school. Revisit your philosophy of teaching statement. The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate understandings of the social, political, and economic forces that impact teaching and learning by focusing on the specific district that you attended high school. The paper should be 7-8 pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt font, 1-inch margins.
- Spatial correlation and drivers of industrial pollution discharge in Africa
- Analyze the short story and then come up with an argumentative thesis statement of 1-2 sentences.