2. Read the following cases:
A. International Underwater Contractors, Inc. v. New England Telephone and Telegraph Company
B. Johnson v. International Business Machines Corporation
C. Reed v. King
D. Vokes v. Arthur Murray Inc.
3. Answer the following questions for each case: You may have different cases than the ones listed below, if you have an earlier or later edition of our textbook. If this is so, then let me know which edition of the book you have and list 5 of the cases and review them::
What are the important facts of the case?
What did the court say about the case?
What is the legal concept from the chapter discussed in the case?
How does the court apply the legal concept to the facts of the case?
What was reason the coucixrt gave for its decision?
- Why is the murder of Lady Macduff and her dramatically necessary? Consider what the murder reveals about Macbeth and the effect the murder has/will have on Macduff and other noblemen.
- Bail Trap by Nick Pinto
- Management Control Report
- How would you solve the moral dilemma of Janet Moore? Try to put yourself in her place. What would you decide and why? Explain the reasons for your decision carefully.
- Project purpose idea: neighborhood community board assessing the risks involved if Con Edison continues with a (specific) project. Transition Risk being the focus- economic losses from a business changing policies and production to more energy efficient methods
- Animal parts used in Fashion industry or Fashion buisness and affecting animal welfare and ethics
- Analysis of W T. Stead’s The Maiden Tribute
- Write a description or details about these two alternatives of action including their pros and cons with details and explanations.
- Animal parts/ products used in the fashion industry
- To what extent can the policy process be described as evidence-based, in your chosen policy area? In what circumstances has research been utilised by decision-makers, and why?