construct and defend a thesis on the “politics of identification” in Shakuntala. Write a 500-word essay in defense of this thesis, making sure to quote extensively from the text
This is what she means by “politics of identification”: This phrase is shorthand for much of what we were discussing in class. The question is whether, and if so to what degree, our understanding of the play depends on our identification with a given character. The “politics of identification” means, roughly speaking, the set of consequences or constraints on our aesthetic experience of (and ethical attitude toward) the world of this text that result from our identifying or not identifying with one or more of the characters. “Politics” is being used here in the broad meaning it often has in the humanities – the field of commitments and choices that come into play in the realm of the social (a realm we are encountering, in this case, in the form of a dramatic text).
Please use the attached PDF I have provided.
- The Universe’s Secrets: The James Webb Space Telescope Research
- Celebrating Cultural Diversity: An Exploration of Traditional African Dance in NYC Essay
- Enhancing Kindergarten Science Education Outline
- Navigating the Complexities of End-of-Life Care Research
- Navigating Japan’s Demographic Crisis Essay
- Cognitive Psychology: Evolution, Major Theories, and Impact on Modern Understanding Essay
- The Impact of Non-Diegetic Score on Mood in ‘The Shawshank Redemption Essay
- The Role of Government in Providing Goods and Services Essay
- Government Access to Encrypted Devices and Personal Communications in the Digital Age Research
- NAICS System Principles and Their Impact on Marketing and Economic Analysis Research