ASSIGNMENT: As you learned in this unit, a Rogerian argument is one that presents two sides of a debate and argues for a solution that will satisfy both sides. Given two articles presenting opposing sides of an issue (mandatory uniforms in schools), construct your own 2-3 page Rogerian argument essay in which you attempt to arrive at a workable solution or “middle ground.”
In order to foster learning and growth, all essays you submit must be newly written specifically for this course. Any recycled work will be sent back with a 0, and you will be given one attempt to redo the Touchstone.
– The article for the essay is attached
– The instructions are attachedcix
– A sample essay is attached
- Choose any image from any culture and time period that you would like to discuss from a critical perspective.
- These are your required readings for the course and must be taken seriously. It’s like a workbook online but you need to copy and paste the exercises into Word or do them in Word while looking at them. Go to the module link and you must complete all the reflections, activities, case studies, worksheets, videos and readings for full credit. Then put all of that into a Word Document
- Discuss your own physical and cognitive development or you can discuss a sibling’s if you prefer. If you are a parent, you can discuss your child’s as well. All reflections in this course should be a minimum of two-pages, Times New Roman, 12-font size, double-spaced and no title page. Please only add one double-space before and after the title and between paragraphs.
- Determine who wrote the protocol and request an interview with one or more individuals who were involved in developing the protocol. Interview questions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- What role did family ties and structures and professional/social identities like one’s social caste and one’s family rank play in the lives of people in Upper Guinea? In Guinea in general?
- 1-2 page speech about an individual and/or an organization that has worked with others to address a community problem. (ex, health issues, environmental sustainability, political involvement, poverty). speech should identify individual and their efforts to work with others and non-governmental agencies to improve their community.
- In your informed opinion, are vaccine mandates an overreach by employers? Do they violate an employee’s right to privacy? Why or why not? Note — I seek you INFORMED opinion; this is not an opinion paper. Your opinion must be supported by research and include citations to that supporting research.
- Motivation Essay
- Describe a discrimination issue facing your workplace (you can focus on discrimination based on race, religion, ability, national origin, age, sex, etc.)
- Describe something you learned from the reading, something that was confusing, or a question you have in least 15 words (about 1 sentence). (No quote necessary unless you want to include it. 1 point)