The purpose of this assignment is to analyze a companys strengths and weaknesses in order to recommend feasible value-enhancing alternatives.
Consider the publicly traded company your CLC group analyzed in the Environmental and Industry Analysis assignment. In a paper of 1,000-1,200 words, discuss potential growth opportunities and strategies for your selected company and compare the advantages and disadvantages of each opportunity.
Conduct a SWOT analysis for your selected company and discuss your findings. What advantages does your company have over its competition? What opportunities exist in the industry from which your company can benefit? Who is your company’s competition, and what types of risks might they pose? What weak areas could your company improve to compete with its strongest competitors?
Identify strategic alternatives that create value for the company. Which ones are focused on internal growth and what do they offer to the company? What are the drawbacks of these strategies? Which ones are focused on external growth and what do they offer the company? What are the drawbacks of these strategies?
How would you use a decision matrix to identify the leading alternative? Explain how you determined the values used to distinguish between each option. What about the matrix, if anything, may be limiting in its use value to an analyst or decision maker?
What factors might inhibit the success of the optimal strategic alternative identified? How can the issues you identified be addressed and corrected?
Growing an organization is not always about increasing the size of the firm. If expansion is not the main focus, what other elements lend themselves to growth of the firm? How might each be achieved?
You will be required to incorporate instructor feedback from this paper into the Assessing and Managing Risk assignment in Topic 7.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
BS Business Analytics; BS Business Management; BS Finance
1.2 Apply techniques for creative problem solving and encouraging innovation within organizations.
BS Business for Secondary Education
6.1 Develop an innovative and entrepreneurial solution for a specific business problem.
Here’s the rubric:
5. 5: Excellent
SWOT analysis thoroughly addresses the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of the corporation, assessing how the company might maximize its strengths and capitalize on advantageous opportunities while minimizing its weaknesses and avoiding environmental threats.
4. 4: Good
SWOT analysis adequately addresses the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of the corporation and assesses how each might affect its performance.
3. 3: Satisfactory
SWOT analysis superficially addresses the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of the corporation but fails to analyze how they might affect its performance.
2. 2: Less Than Satisfactory
SWOT analysis is incomplete or insufficiently developed.
1. 1: Unsatisfactory
SWOT analysis is not included.
Strategic Alternatives Advantages and Disadvantages (B)
Decision Matrix Application
Strategic Alternative Inhibitors (B)
Thesis Development and Purpose
Argument Logic and Construction
Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use)
Paper Format (use of appropriate style for the major and assignment)
Documentation of Sources
- Race IAT & Reflection
- Explain how society has used the judicial system and the penitentiary industrial complex as a way of stripping the rights of citizens and controlling people.
- Difference in VO2max and the Ventilatory Threshold Between Elite and Recreational Cyclists
- Self Esteem
- Argument/Discussion: LGBTQ in Racial Contract? White Supremacy vs LGBTQ
- How is the reality you observe different from what is predicted based on current theory/literature? (that’s your reflection on the need of research)
- After reviewing the chapters, download the Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template Download Financial and Operating Ratios Assignment template.
- Cryptocurrency in the business management and international relations environment in Western Europe.
- Biofilms and their tolerance to antibiotics
- Beauty comes in all forms. It is a social idea, a point of view. Research ” beauty” in different time periods and/ or different cultures and analyze why these constructs were or are considered beautiful, decipher reasons. Identify the time period with historical or cultural context.