Step 1. For each of the module topics, you are going to be asked to find a mathematical application that supports careers in your major.
Step 2. You will provide your research in a discussion with other students each week.
Step 3. You will provide a short summary of what you learned to the instructor each week.
Step 4. In Module 7, You will use your research done throughout the course to write a 2-4 page paper describing how math is used in the broader area of your major and how the use of math in your major strengthens your major.
Consider how it makes your field more reliable, better analyses, detecting weaknesses and emergencies.
You may give as many examples of math as you would like.
- Describe the strategic approach of the United States to terrorism in Africa and explain the threat to the United States from terrorists recruited by Al Shabaab.
- What are the potential consequences for ignoring emergent strategies?
- If you have celiac disease or know of someone who does, how does going gluten-free affect their lives?
- What do Edward Belamy and Henry George have to say about the possibility of changing industrialized societies without revolution?
- What did Kipling say in the poem, The White Mans Burden?
- Discuss how the field of Speech Language Pathology can be incorporated within Academic success (written oral communication of literacy across the curriculum) and Cultural diversity (Bilingualism English language learners).
- Are there differences between these terms, or are they synonymous?
- What is the difference between real or physical evidence and testimonial evidence?
- Write an essay that identifies–and presents a reasonable, well-developed solution for–some type of problem related to technology.
- What aspect of family psychology interests you?