The Ugly American Essay Assignment
Times New Roman, Size 12 Font, Double Spaced
Name in upper left corner, one space, title in bold and centered, one space, begin essay
Dont mess with the standard margins
3-5 pages write until you feel youve adequately addressed the questions
This will be graded on content, not just completion
Address the following:
1. Compare and contrast Ambassadors Sears and McWhite. What qualities and traits make Sears a bad Ambassador, and McWhite a good Ambassador?
2. What problems do you see with the State Departments recruiting of personnel to serve overseas in Chapter 7?
3. In your opinion, what happened to Tom Knox during his journey back to the U.S.?
4. Why were Homer and Emma Atkins successful in their efforts? What qualities and traits did they possess? What is the symbolism in both characters being described as ugly?
Essay Summary here https://www.litcharts.com/lit/the-ugly-american/summary
- What do Edward Belamy and Henry George have to say about the possibility of changing industrialized societies without revolution?
- What did Kipling say in the poem, The White Mans Burden?
- Discuss how the field of Speech Language Pathology can be incorporated within Academic success (written oral communication of literacy across the curriculum) and Cultural diversity (Bilingualism English language learners).
- Are there differences between these terms, or are they synonymous?
- What is the difference between real or physical evidence and testimonial evidence?
- Write an essay that identifies–and presents a reasonable, well-developed solution for–some type of problem related to technology.
- What aspect of family psychology interests you?
- Write up describing the benefits of using a private cloud platform like Seafile, OwnCloud, or NextCloud at XYZ Company.
- Compare and contrast the renaissance, the Protestant Reformation, and the Scientific Revolution.
- What social, behavioral, and epidemiological trends should be monitored to track program impact over time?