Assignment – Module 3 Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Review the assignment components below and the assignment RUBRIC to help you focus before you begin writing.
Assignment: PowerPoint presentation
BE SURE TO REVIEW THE RUBRIC FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT TO EARN THE MOST POINTS – Slide NOTES and multimedia ARE part of the rubric.
1. Create a PowerPoint with the intended audience to be a community health department.
2. Focus on a real or fictional disaster that has or could affect the area where YOU live. For example, if you live on the Florida coast you might choose a potential hurricane. Other examples are a tornado, flooding, active shooter, or tsunami. Please email the professor for approval of a topic if you are unsure or need direction.
3. Discuss the role of the community health nurse in each stage of the disaster. You should include a few slides on each stage of the disaster: preparedness, response, recovery with specific activities, and resources that the public health nurse would use in each stage.
4. Identify other agencies that might be involved.
Length: The assignment should be submitted in PowerPoint format with at least 10 content slides. If you are using a Mac computer and submit your assignments as a pdf then the slide notes need to be submitted separately in a word document.
Structure: Title and reference slides are required and are in ADDITION to the required 10 content slides. NOTES should be written for each slide except the title, objectives, and reference slides.
Special APA help: EXAMPLE of the assignment & APA help (SEE attachments)
The APA Style website explains which images or photographs must be cited and how
Here is the link to REVIEW: Also see the attachment
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources – INCLUDING MULTIMEDIA. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources other than the provided materiacixls are required for this assignment
- Navigating Personal Context Research
- Ethical Dilemmas in Animal Entertainment: Insights from ‘Blackfish’ Documentary Essay
- Employment Structure in a Tech-Advanced Backpack Company Essay
- Navigating the Evolving Environmental Health Marketplace Essay
- Unparalleled Commitment through Community Service: A Deserving Scholarship Candidate’s Journey Essay
- The Role of Cultural Competency in Public Health Essay
- Analyzing the Impact of Social Media on Loneliness Among Young Adults Research
- Unveiling the Complexities of Color Blindness Response
- Optimizing Habitat Strategies for Monarch Butterflies and Endangered Species in West Houston Discussion
- Self-Assessment Journey, Strategic Leadership Benefits, and Development Strategies for Early Career Leaders Essay